Loudest Carver crowd?

ferentz4life

The excitement over today's game got me thinking...what is the loudest game I can remember at Carver?

For me, it would be 2001 v. Indiana. A one legged Luke Recker singlehandedly brought Iowa back from a huge deficit to prevail against his former team. (at least, that's how I remember it :)). It was fantastically loud in Carver that afternoon.

I know a lot of people have been to a lot more games at Carver than me. What say you?

Last edited:
I don't remember many loud games at CHA. Too young. However I do remember the NIT game against GT in 2003. I don't remember if it was loud though. Again, too young.

The game after Chris Street died hands down...

This is the loudest game I remember. I know the place got pretty loud a couple times during the Alford era. I remember a couple against Indiana being loud and the last home game of 05 (undefeated year at home) which I think was Purdue but not sure.

Feb 14th game against michigan st, Horner and bru's senior year. Doug Thomas had some monster dunks that game. Best home game I have ever attended.

I would say on the Iowa State attendance record when freshman Ryan Morningstar beat one of the paulsen twins who was ranked 1 or 2 at the time

Feb 14th game against michigan st, Horner and bru's senior year. Doug Thomas had some monster dunks that game. Best home game I have ever attended.

That's the one for me. Might be my favorite Iowa basketball game of all time. Only time I've left Carver not being able to hear anything.

when iowa beat kansas.............when kansas had the two iowa boys. it was pretty loud, but i bet it was more loud back in the 80s

Iowa over Indiana 1989. first team to score over 100 on a Bob Knight coached team 17-0 after that game. Hands down loudest ever

when iowa beat kansas.............when kansas had the two iowa boys. it was pretty loud, but i bet it was more loud back in the 80s
I was at that game it looked like a waterfall as the student section poured down out of their seats after the game

That game against Northern Louisiana lafayette when Marcellus Gomez missed that free throw....quite a few people were clapping that game

In all seriousness...the loudest game at CHA can never compare to the Fieldhouse... That place was deafening when rocking. It regularly rocked with Lute's teams of the late 70's early 80's. GREAT memories!

The excitement over today's game got me thinking...what is the loudest game I can remember at Carver?

For me, it would be 2001 v. Indiana. A one legged Luke Recker singlehandedly brought Iowa back from a huge deficit to prevail against his former team. (at least, that's how I remember it :)). It was fantastically loud in Carver that afternoon.

I know a lot of people have been to a lot more games at Carver than me. What say you?

This is the one that comes to my mind. It was on CBS also :)

I've been to maybe 20 basketball games and I'm happy to say I was at two of the games mentioned here. The kansas game in '99? And the v-day game against msu in '06? Was hoping yesterday would be one of those unforgettable games so I went... But... I was wrong.

Latest posts