Lou Holtz to Minnesota?

The Minnesota football coaching search seems familiar to the Iowa basketball coaching search. There will be a lot of unrealistic names thrown out there and everyone will expect a high priced guy. And then an under the radar hire will be the result. Not that it's a bad thing(I'm thrilled with Fran).

I think they will be looking for a different approach, stability has been mentioned several times. I know one early rumor was Mac but from what I'm reading they are shooting for a bigger name........ if Norm isn't able to make it back I wouldn't mind seeing him as D coordinator.

The Minnesota football coaching search seems familiar to the Iowa basketball coaching search. There will be a lot of unrealistic names thrown out there and everyone will expect a high priced guy. And then an under the radar hire will be the result. Not that it's a bad thing(I'm thrilled with Fran).

Thrilled, or hopeful? Because there really isn't anything to be thrilled about so far. Look at it this way. Should ISU be thrilled about Rhodes? I think some people would say they were thrilled about the hire when they should have just been hopeful. Because, at this point, it just looks like they got a coach that can't compete on the field or in recruiting with the in-state school, or his league schools, and whose team is getting rolled by epic proportions.

I know one early rumor was Mac....... if Norm isn't able to make it back I wouldn't mind seeing him as D coordinator.

Are you saying you want Dan McCarney as Iowa's Defensive Coordinator after Norm? :eek:

I LOVE this idea, if for nothing else to see the meltdown at CF! I've always liked Mac and was happy when he got on at Florida. CF would go Nuclear. :D

You can't dog Rhodes too much...ISU is a lost cause. There is ZERO to offer a recruit in Ames...next to no night life, out in the boonies, small town in comparison to a lot of college towns, and unless he wants to be a farmer or a lousy engineer, no academic draw. I don't blame recruits for not choosing ISU, instate or otherwise. I like Rhodes as a person, and he seems like he actually cares about being there, as crappy as a job as it is, unlike the Cheesedick who admitted while he was employed at ISU that it was just a gig until something better came along.

You can't dog Rhodes too much...ISU is a lost cause. There is ZERO to offer a recruit in Ames...next to no night life, out in the boonies, small town in comparison to a lot of college towns, and unless he wants to be a farmer or a lousy engineer, no academic draw. I don't blame recruits for not choosing ISU, instate or otherwise. I like Rhodes as a person, and he seems like he actually cares about being there, as crappy as a job as it is, unlike the Cheesedick who admitted while he was employed at ISU that it was just a gig until something better came along.

Yeah, cause Iowa City is a metropolis. Rhoads can get players to Ames and he will, it'll just take some time, like it took KF to get his players in IC. Tim Floyd did if for BBALL, it can happen.

Coach " I cheat' Holtz got caguth EVERY palce he has been- including Minnesota. If they hire him the investigation should start the same day.

If they hire Holtz, I also want them to hire Mark May as assistant. His job will be to shake his head incredulously at every decision Holtz makes.

Yeah, cause Iowa City is a metropolis. Rhoads can get players to Ames and he will, it'll just take some time, like it took KF to get his players in IC. Tim Floyd did if for BBALL, it can happen.

Comparing Ames to Iowa City is like comparing Buffalo to Manhattan.

One's a lame@$$ s***hole, one's buzzing.

This just in, Minnesota just changed thier name to "Land of 10,001 Lakes", no make that "Land of 10,002 Lakes", now 10,003... I'll keep you all posted.

I say instead of a head coach they should have fans text in their vote for what play to run next. On the downside I think this will result in many punts on second down.:rolleyes:

Whoops?? was referring to the couple of posts on the first page about Mac being Iowa's next DC. Fell free to edit my posts frequently though as i am lost most of the time. :)

Latest posts