losing like this to OSU

Bigtenchamp

I don't have a problem with. we played hard against a superior team with superior talent...

Now losing to MAC teams and getting trounced by Northwestern.... is what I'm tired of most of the last seven years or so...

Still have serious doubts we will rise again under Ferentz.

I don't have a problem with. we played hard against a superior team with superior talent...

Now losing to MAC teams and getting trounced by Northwestern.... is what I'm tired of most of the last seven years or so...

I'm baffled by the outrage I'm seeing over this loss. I understand not being happy with a loss because we're too far into a coaching regime for moral victories but we got beat by a team that was supposed to beat us.

I'm happy with this loss. We were supposed to lose this game but we played them even for 3+ quarters

happy is too strong. Losing is never good. I'm disappointed but not angry. Angry would imply that I thought that Iowa should have won this game and only and idiot would think that/

Rudock got some great road experience against a hostel Big Ten crowd. It sucks to lose especially since Iowa was right there, but the offense played hard.

The defense. Not so much.

yeah im admitting I can live with losses like this... its these other loses we have over and over the past 7 years that are just not okay.

I.e losing to central Michigan.... northern Illinois at home ... bad record against NW ect ect

at some point we needed to try to actually make them beat us deep and throw a good pass rather than letting them run and throw 8 yard passes at a time - in the end that didn't work.

at some point we needed to try to actually make them beat us deep and throw a good pass rather than letting them run and throw 8 yard passes at a time - in the end that didn't work.

I think we've seen enough of what happens when we make teams beat us deep this year to last a lifetime.

Our fan base needs to stop acting like Northwestern sucks.

They don't suck. But it is a game that unlike OSU, people are going to expect to win. I have no problem with that, they're fairly evenly matched and it's at home.

They don't suck. But it is a game that unlike OSU, people are going to expect to win. I have no problem with that, they're fairly evenly matched and it's at home.

That's cool and all but people still act like it's 1974 and that losing to them is the mark of an awful program. Losing to the directional Michigans, Minnesota when they are **** and Iowa State are bad.

That's cool and all but people still act like it's 1974 and that losing to them is the mark of an awful program. Losing to the directional Michigans, Minnesota when they are **** and Iowa State are bad.

true. I think the thing that sticks in people's minds is the excruciating way Iowa has lost to them over the years.

true. I think the thing that sticks in people's minds is the excruciating way Iowa has lost to them over the years.

I think this is correct. Beat them next week and it will go a long ways to helping people forget. It's a damn important game for the season.

I don't feel "bad" about the loss, I expected it. But now it is time to verify that MSUs defense is that good and that OSU is a real top 5 team. If that is the case, then Iowa should have a legit chance in all remaining games. 7-5 is still the real expectation for me. Less than that is a disappointment.

The last three years we have had a shot at beating OSU only to see it disappear at the hand of a mobile QB who makes us look like we are running in quicksand. Yea I know, we were not supposed to win, but its fun to think we just might pull it off, then it sucks to watch it go down the drain the last quarter,

I am with you on the doubts about the coaching although I thought play calling was pretty darn good.
I did see some really good things today. I hope this game is a confidence booster for the players.

Latest posts