Looks like ....

As a rabid Cardinal fan, I do poke fun at the Cubs often.

But I will give you guys props....your last two managers seemed to have made sense. Both had excellent track records.

But as the saying goes, forcing out the manager (which is exactly what I think is happening here) is merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Just FYI....the following URL is all of Cub's historical managers.

Chicago Cubs Managers (1902 - 2011) by Baseball Almanac

Sweet Lou is hanging it up.Lou Piniella to retire as Chicago Cubs manager - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

Who is next? Ryno, Giradi. Would like to see Joe G. back in a Cubs uniform and bring some of the experience that he learned with the Yankees.

Yep, I'm sure Giradi is eager to leave the World Champion Yankees and come manage the Cubs.

I'm a Cubs fan but they're awful. They need a franchise guy and nobody on the current roster even comes close. It's a bunch of old guys and journeymen.

As a rabid Cardinal fan, I do poke fun at the Cubs often.

But I will give you guys props....your last two managers seemed to have made sense. Both had excellent track records.

But as the saying goes, forcing out the manager (which is exactly what I think is happening here) is merely rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Just FYI....the following URL is all of Cub's historical managers.

Chicago Cubs Managers (1902 - 2011) by Baseball Almanac
Interesting. Although, Lou is 67, I could see where it looks like he is being forced out. And, I didn't need to see that list again. :D

Here's an article from Paul Sullivan (Chicago Trib) on possibilities (pure speculation):

Cubs managerial vacancy will draw big names - Chicago Breaking Sports

Yep, I'm sure Giradi is eager to leave the World Champion Yankees and come manage the Cubs.

I'm a Cubs fan but they're awful. They need a franchise guy and nobody on the current roster even comes close. It's a bunch of old guys and journeymen.
Most of the problems come from the GM Jim Hendry. I was hoping the new owners would give him the boot at the end of the year. If he was to go his buddy Trammell the bench coach would follow.

Hendry was here in Des Moines a few weeks ago watching the AAA players,wonder how much him and Ryno talked adout the move.

Also being with the Yankees organization is not a bed of roses, would not supprise me if Giradi takes the job if offered that he did not get in 06.

I hope that Ryno isn't the next manager. They're gonna be a younger team that's going to be a few years away from doing anything. I don't want to see Sandberg booed out of town after his first year by "Cubs fans".

Dave Kaplan is convinced that Girardi wants to manage the Cubs.

Latest posts