Looks like the Big East is being proactive

The Big East needs to lose their auto bid. That conference is so far behind the others in football. I have a feeling the non football playing members of the Big East will break off and form their own conference within three years. 18 teams is going to be a mess for putting together a conference basketball schedule.

If the Big East is striving to have the worst football conference in all of college football they are doing a heck of a job

Wow, it looks like the B12 missed the boat with Memphis as they would have been a great pickup for them.

Does this mean it's a given that the Big 10 is going to raid the Big East. I like Rutgers and Pitt.

I like your thinking. I was hoping for KU and Mizzou, but Pitt and Rutgers would do. Pitt for sure. Barry Alvarez and Kirk Ferentz are from there, and Pitt is a natural rival to Penn State and Notre Dame. Rutgers, Pitt, still snag Mizzou, and wait on ND. The Irish have 34 BCS teams scheduled in the next 4 years. If the shift happens, they will have to move. If you are going to bring in a team like Rutgers from the Big Least, it might as well have 50k students.

Last edited:
I am not sure anyone knows how this would impact further growth in the big ten.
Before, if the Big Ten had grabbed Rutgers or Pitt or cuse,in theory that would have imploded the Big East in football and forced ND's hand. Now, not sure the Big East would collapse with the loss of one team,which allows ND to stand pat.

Not good news for the Big Ten,imo. Might be better to just stand down now and shelve expansion.

I am not sure anyone knows how this would impact further growth in the big ten.
Before, if the Big Ten had grabbed Rutgers or Pitt or cuse,in theory that would have imploded the Big East in football and forced ND's hand. Now, not sure the Big East would collapse with the loss of one team,which allows ND to stand pat.

Not good news for the Big Ten,imo. Might be better to just stand down now and shelve expansion.

Or maybe the Big East is setting itself up for the ultimatum that was rumored early that they are telling ND they are in with football or out all together. This way they could do that, lose ND and one other team to the B10 and still survive.

Or maybe not. IDK.

Latest posts