Looks like ISU's #2 CB may be out Sat....

Prayers out for his family and him. May God grant them comfort and the peace that passes understanding.

Last edited:
That's tragic, heart goes out to the young man.

This will be a big factor...Benton is not only the starting corner opposite LJ, he moves up to LB in passing situations and has been very good at blitzing out of that formation. He's very versatile and a very solid player. Definitely hurts the overall defense. But that's secondary to the personal loss...football is just a game after all.

Prayers with him and his family...If i remember correctly we recruited him as well, good young player. the football impact is big with the relative inexperience of the defense.

Not surprising, Norm. I came here and expressed sincere concern for Koeppel after his accident...and got attacked by a couple Hawkeyes who accused me of secretly being happy that the kid was injured. Fans tend to be a little "over the top".

Not surprising, Norm. I came here and expressed sincere concern for Koeppel after his accident...and got attacked by a couple Hawkeyes who accused me of secretly being happy that the kid was injured. Fans tend to be a little "over the top".

Sad, if true. Linkage?

Last edited:
First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to him, his family, and their team. I sincerely hope everything is okay.

Mesaclone that was a completely different scenario, but nice try. The "rumors" of Hundertmark and Koeppel came out the same day and nothing could be verified. You came onto a Hawkeye board (assumed everyone knew you were a Hawk fan even tho clone is in your SN) and then went on to center your post around the theme that Iowa will have issues with depth on the o-line if the rumors are true. First we aren't on the Cyclone board here like you were on the Hawk board. If you would have posted what you said on a Cyclone board no one would have cared. You were not overly sympathetic about the news either. Granted, you never said anything about being glad Koeppel was hurt so I'm certainly not accusing you of that. It was just the tone and timing of your post that caused a stir. I admitted on that thread that I jumped to conclusions because of your SN and the tone of your post but the two instances are very different.

Nothing on here even closely resembles us making fun of Benton so if a Clone fan is implying that he needs to get his priorities straight. His hatred for Iowa is so bad he has to make false statements to try and justify it. Please... the only thing that's important is the kid and his family.

Interesting that the thread over on CyFan hasn't had the plug pulled on it yet. They're typically pretty sensitive about those kinds of threads over there, and you'd have thought by now that one of their 743 mods would have seen it and swung the axe.

Interesting that the thread over on CyFan hasn't had the plug pulled on it yet. They're typically pretty sensitive about those kinds of threads over there, and you'd have thought by now that one of their 743 mods would have seen it and swung the axe.

Aren't they too busy searching threads for Hawk fans to ban??

They have more people of their own bickering back in forth on whether he should play or not even though he has a family death, and "prayers and condolences" are taking shots at them? Some people have way too short of a leash.

Actually there are probably 20-25 mods tops.

Latest posts