Looks like Buonaguro will be Siena's HC

Kind of nice to see in the sense it should allow Fran to compile his staff now. I think he could've been a great asset to us. Excited to see who the staff will consist of.

Maybe this helps open the door for Rodell to come back. He has great ties in Chicago and has done well with the class at Providence this year I believe. From the sounds of it, Coach Fran spreads all responsibilities out evenly amongst his assistants so there wouldn't necessarily be a #1 or #2. He'd have his guy in Francis and an Iowa guy in Rodell. Don't know if it's true or not, but I read on one of these boards that he'd like to come back to the Midwest.

I have mixed feelings on this. MitchB was a key guy in Fran's success at Siena. Like with Lick and SA, it looks like some key staff members will not come with the head coach. I think if Lick had convinced Stevens and Graves to come with him to Iowa, he would have had a better chance.
Now, that said, it is good to have it decided,so that Fran can get on with it.
He has a ton of things to do the next month.
1. Finalize his staff- immediately
2. Visit incoming recruits-between April 8-15
3. visit current players parents
4. recruit one or more players- by April 15
5. conduct workouts with current players

That is just the next few weeks.
Good that the family is staying behind til school is over...he can concentrate on this project 24/7

I have yet to see where Rodell Davis is interested in the job,but I would love for him to join the staff....our man in the South Suburbs...Thornton,Proviso East...oh yes.

Big difference between MB and BS. BS is a rising star who will get an opportunity to pick the job of his choice. MB is a career assistant who is getting his long awaited well-deserved chance to run a program.

In the long run Lick's not bringing Stevens will have a bigger impact than FM not getting MB.

But, let's hope this news is true so we can get on with it!

Last edited:
I think Rodell would be a good hire too but where does he have all these connections to Chicago. How many of the great Chicago players has he gotten to go to Providence?? Heck, even Mark Phelps got better Chicago player to go to Drake than Rodell did when he was there.

I think Rodell would be a good hire too but where does he have all these connections to Chicago. How many of the great Chicago players has he gotten to go to Providence?? Heck, even Mark Phelps got better Chicago player to go to Drake than Rodell did when he was there.

He played at Thornton,and coached at Proviso East and Thornton.
He did get some players out of Chicago to play at Laramie CC when he was head coach out there.
Providence? Only two years there,and the next chicago player to go to Providence probably will be the first...just not a normal destination for Chicago players. And frankly, the East Coast is full of players who know and love the Big East...Chicago? ..tougher sell.

Not saying he will be greeted as the returning hero in Chicago,but they know him, he grew up there,and was a star player there. As the AAU thread on Purnell, just knowing these AAU bosses is important.