Looking at Minnesota's remaining schedule

UP6936

I hate to say this, but after checking out the games that the Gopher's have remaining, I have to think that their game against the Hawks is their best chance to get another victory. Now, I'm not saying they have a good chance, and I am definitely not predicting that they will beat us, but if they do end up getting a second victory, it looks to me that the game against Iowa would be their best chance. I think, as inconsistent as the Hawks have been, the odds favor a Hawkeye victory and the Gophers will go 1-11.

Here's their remaining schedule:

Nebraska at home - Gophers get smoked, big time

Iowa at home - rivalry game, which Iowa team shows up? They beat us up there last year.

Michigan St on the road - Loss for sure

Wisconsin at home - How high do the TCF Bank stadium scoreboards go up to??? Monumental smoking.

Northwestern on the road - Will Persa have 500 yards passing or will he be pulled early and just get 400? Gophs lose big again.

Illinois at home - Even if the Gophers weren't totally beat up and demoralized by this time, they still don't have the horses to beat the Fighting Zookers.

So can you see a better opportunity for the Gophers to win than a home game vs. the Hawks? I'm not saying they have a great chance, but it still might be their best chance. As little as they may have to muster against us, I think we will get 100% of it. I predict it will still not be enough and we get our revenge.

I hate to say this, but after checking out the games that the Gopher's have remaining, I have to think that their game against the Hawks is their best chance to get another victory. Now, I'm not saying they have a good chance, and I am definitely not predicting that they will beat us, but if they do end up getting a second victory, it looks to me that the game against Iowa would be their best chance. I think, as inconsistent as the Hawks have been, the odds favor a Hawkeye victory and the Gophers will go 1-11.

Here's their remaining schedule:

Nebraska at home - Gophers get smoked, big time

Iowa at home - rivalry game, which Iowa team shows up? They beat us up there last year.

Michigan St on the road - Loss for sure

Wisconsin at home - How high do the TCF Bank stadium scoreboards go up to??? Monumental smoking.

Northwestern on the road - Will Persa have 500 yards passing or will he be pulled early and just get 400? Gophs lose big again.

Illinois at home - Even if the Gophers weren't totally beat up and demoralized by this time, they still don't have the horses to beat the Fighting Zookers.

So can you see a better opportunity for the Gophers to win than a home game vs. the Hawks? I'm not saying they have a great chance, but it still might be their best chance. As little as they may have to muster against us, I think we will get 100% of it. I predict it will still not be enough and we get our revenge.

I also hate to say this.

You can put that pipe smoking dream away. Iowa is not that bad. Let's gain some perspective on things here. I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday, but stop flaming some of you are embarassing yourselves with ignorance.

I also hate to say this.

You can put that pipe smoking dream away. Iowa is not that bad. Let's gain some perspective on things here. I was as frustrated as anyone yesterday, but stop flaming some of you are embarassing yourselves with ignorance.

How is this a flame? I'm actually one of the people that doesn't think that the sky is falling, nor do I want anyone fired, in fact I think those calls are laughable.

That said, I am a realist about this as well. Please refute my logic that we aren't the Gophers best chance for a victory. If they win again, it will be at home. Who would they be the most motivated to beat on their home schedule? Who on their home schedule is struggling the most?

The Hawks may very well beat the Gophers by 50 points, and I am predicting a Hawkeye victory, but as it stands, as I see it on paper, the best chance, albeit small, of the Gophers winning has to be against Iowa.

Now please explain to me how I am flaming.

Latest posts