Looking at Iowa Football Player Representation, Retention Since '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob - If you go back to the beginning of your articles, and ask an impartial panel how have you covered this, I think they would say without question, you have treated this story as if you were a investigative journalist with a mission to paint this in the worst way possible.

From crying on your podcast to taking the role of being a social crusader trying to right the wrongs of the oppressed. Here are some recent examples:

1. In your latest story regarding Media Days at Iowa- Your choice of statistics exacerbates data why not also mention who attended last year‘s media day and provide detailed statistics year to year?

2. Regarding your reference to washed out walk-ons (WOW) podcast a conversation of race you took things out of context and implied it was all negative and further painted the FB program in the most negative light possible. I thought the podcast from WOW was a fantastic conversation to listen to. Scott D from The Athletic said it was really really good and encouraged people to listen to it. Why didn’t you?

3. Your story researching the Law firm UI hired to look into the culture of Iowa football - You basically implied that they hired a firm that may be not qualified to handle the job based the firm’s level of diversity. Compare your story to the Hawk Central article which described the firm. In fact, the firm is made up of 700 attorneys in 16 different cities and specialize in this type of law. Furthermore the attorneys assigned have tremendous credentials. Regardless of firm you also made it clear that you do not believe UI football program will be held accountable in the event of confirmed allegations. This presumption is deeply disturbing and at this point in time inaccurate.
The theme of your stories is negativity. I would like to see a balance of facts. I also see signs that change is already taking place.

I support that Doyle is no longer there. Glad to hear from parents that the kids are close and unified. Of course bullying can’t be tolerated. I can’t stand coaches who yell, scream and swear - it makes no sense - that would never help a young man become better. I hope anyone else who behaves in a bullying and demeaning manner is removed as well.

I also believe the two days of open discussions were productive, raw and transformative. One coach stated in all his years of football it was the most powerful meeting he has ever been part of.

But again you only go down the negative road and give way more of your opinion than you should. Compare your articles and comments from other journalists to yours - the difference is night and day. You appear to be trying to use this story to promote yourself as stated a great crusader, maybe to get hired by a real media outlet. In closing I believe things will get better and are getting better as we speak.
Most of the former players clearly believe KF can fix this, will fix this and is the only who can fix this with the support of the players.
How many times have you implied he won’t survive this and shouldn’t survive this. Rob if you believe you have been objective and neutral on this then go work for FOX or CNN but please quit throwing gas on the fire and doing all you can as if your mission is to not report on our football program but to destroy it. Instead I hope you use your influence to not only recognize a problem but to help bring solutions to it.
So many faithful HN readers are just tired and worn out from your negativity and HN went from a fan favorite site to one they are afraid to even look at it.
I’ve followed HN since the beginning and this is my first post.

Was the Boston Globe wrong for exposing the Catholic Chur h?

Jo Pa exposed?

Fox?

Please don't say it's not that big of deal..it is a big deal. It is a big deal.

I'm defending KF from the false equivalency idiots like you and Fryowa. There weren't kids being raped at Iowa. There were racially insensitive individuals in the program and it appears that one of them has been dismissed. The culture wasn't as welcoming to black players as it should have been. That's unacceptable, but to put this on the same playing field as what happened at Penn State is absolutely ridiculous. Children are the most vulnerable in our society and Penn State allowed and covered up horrendous acts against CHILDREN. Everyone of the players who were subjected to racially insensitive remarks...had choices and the ability to change their situation. Those children weren't in control of anything. Stop comparing it...it's completely moronic. If Doyle were raping children and KF was covering up...then bring it on. Neither happened...and nothing is being covered up or sugar coated.

Listen, the graduation rates and the leadership representation numbers aren't good and need to be addressed. It appears there are changes being made there also. KF should be called out for the grad rates of Black players...it's appalling. It needs to improve and they need to make changes to ensure it does.

The accusations I've heard about KF being a ring leader of a racist culture are less than credible and it's coming from Wadley and DJK predominately. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying into Wadley's crap. So you got disciplined. "He made me drink protein shakes until I didn't feel well." Tough shit. Every school would have done the same damn thing when you weigh 165 and can't hang onto the ball. Was it KF's fault you fumbled early in your career too? Seriously...the sour grapes stuff is getting old and it's only hurting a legitimate BLM movement, which I support wholeheartedly.

It's idiots like you guys that keep bringing up Penn State that piss me off. It's just incendiary crap.

You know...you don't have to tear everything down to make it better. I'm not blaming Rob for reporting this stuff, it's good information and valid for the review that's taking place. However, I'm sure Rob also enjoys it because he's not writing stories that have to be repetitive at this point. This is unique and historic. I know our culture is to keep kicking people when they are down...but I honestly believe KF is a good man who cares about his players.

Where you error is implying it was not abuse.

Rob - If you go back to the beginning of your articles, and ask an impartial panel how have you covered this, I think they would say without question, you have treated this story as if you were a investigative journalist with a mission to paint this in the worst way possible.

From crying on your podcast to taking the role of being a social crusader trying to right the wrongs of the oppressed. Here are some recent examples:

1. In your latest story regarding Media Days at Iowa- Your choice of statistics exacerbates data why not also mention who attended last year‘s media day and provide detailed statistics year to year?

2. Regarding your reference to washed out walk-ons (WOW) podcast a conversation of race you took things out of context and implied it was all negative and further painted the FB program in the most negative light possible. I thought the podcast from WOW was a fantastic conversation to listen to. Scott D from The Athletic said it was really really good and encouraged people to listen to it. Why didn’t you?

3. Your story researching the Law firm UI hired to look into the culture of Iowa football - You basically implied that they hired a firm that may be not qualified to handle the job based the firm’s level of diversity. Compare your story to the Hawk Central article which described the firm. In fact, the firm is made up of 700 attorneys in 16 different cities and specialize in this type of law. Furthermore the attorneys assigned have tremendous credentials. Regardless of firm you also made it clear that you do not believe UI football program will be held accountable in the event of confirmed allegations. This presumption is deeply disturbing and at this point in time inaccurate.
The theme of your stories is negativity. I would like to see a balance of facts. I also see signs that change is already taking place.

I support that Doyle is no longer there. Glad to hear from parents that the kids are close and unified. Of course bullying can’t be tolerated. I can’t stand coaches who yell, scream and swear - it makes no sense - that would never help a young man become better. I hope anyone else who behaves in a bullying and demeaning manner is removed as well.

I also believe the two days of open discussions were productive, raw and transformative. One coach stated in all his years of football it was the most powerful meeting he has ever been part of.

But again you only go down the negative road and give way more of your opinion than you should. Compare your articles and comments from other journalists to yours - the difference is night and day. You appear to be trying to use this story to promote yourself as stated a great crusader, maybe to get hired by a real media outlet. In closing I believe things will get better and are getting better as we speak.
Most of the former players clearly believe KF can fix this, will fix this and is the only who can fix this with the support of the players.
How many times have you implied he won’t survive this and shouldn’t survive this. Rob if you believe you have been objective and neutral on this then go work for FOX or CNN but please quit throwing gas on the fire and doing all you can as if your mission is to not report on our football program but to destroy it. Instead I hope you use your influence to not only recognize a problem but to help bring solutions to it.
So many faithful HN readers are just tired and worn out from your negativity and HN went from a fan favorite site to one they are afraid to even look at it.

I’m comfortable with how I’ve covered this story. You’re not. So be it.

Rob, how are you sup

How do you report both sides of the story when for the most part one side has indicated that they will remain silent during the ongoing investigation? I'm guessing if more individuals within the program were commenting those comments would be covered. Would you prefer he quote third party sources outside of the program? I suspect that that wouldn't be the greatest way to get credible/believable information.

I explained this to people last night on Twitter. I made the mistake of figuring people would figure it out.

Do you think that nobody in the media is requesting interviews from former players and the Iowa coaches? If they are, and you're not seeing any former players and coaches talking to the media, why would that be?

shopping

Chadstrich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts