Look at Boise State's schedule through different teams

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
take their schedule and put in its place Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State....or better yet put in Michigan, NW, middle of the pack Big Ten teams.

In the case of Iowa and Wisconsin, they would be favorites in all but one game. Michigan, favorites in all but two, maybe three outside, but likely two.

That's the problem I have with them...now, if they win out this year, I am OK with the getting a shot at the title...they have paid their dues, IMO. But on a year in year out basis, they are going to have to increase their SOS..moving to the MWC will help some.

They can't help what conference they are in. They have improved their out of conference schedule and are switching conferences. I saw today where petersen is 50-4 as a coach, that is unbelievable. My question is what is the draw for kids there? I mean this is boise idaho we are talkin about here. What I saw last night was pretty impressive.

After watching the game last night, I believe Iowa, Wisc., OSU would have handled VT no matter where they played. Their QB had legs, but that was it. No way they could run the ball on any of these Ds with their RB either. The only O for VT would have been scrambles. Not enough against these teams.

Obviously any upper Big Ten team would roll through the rest of the schedule.

take their schedule and put in its place Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State....or better yet put in Michigan, NW, middle of the pack Big Ten teams.

In the case of Iowa and Wisconsin, they would be favorites in all but one game. Michigan, favorites in all but two, maybe three outside, but likely two.

That's the problem I have with them...now, if they win out this year, I am OK with the getting a shot at the title...they have paid their dues, IMO. But on a year in year out basis, they are going to have to increase their SOS..moving to the MWC will help some.

Lets look at this scenario. Hypothetically speaking of course. Lets say Iowa wins out, and so does Alabama and Boise. We all know Alabama will get a seat, but do you think Boise would get the nod over Iowa? Boise would have 2 quality wins, (VT and Oregon St.) and we all know who Iowa has to get through.... What do you think Jon?

You can't play in hypotheticals Jon, their conference slate is what it is. They can't help that everyone in their league sucks. As has been noted, they've dramatically improved the non-con scheduling; how many teams do you think would be willing to fly across 2(3?) different time zones to play VT on a "neutral" field in DC for the opener? I'm guessing not many.

Boise has proven that they can play on any field with anyone in the country. Do they have to win the national championship for people to believe that they're a good team? Or is everyone going to continue to play the "weak conference" card? At some point, you just have to admit that Boise is a pretty ******* good football team, regardless of where they play.

Lets look at this scenario. Hypothetically speaking of course. Lets say Iowa wins out, and so does Alabama and Boise. We all know Alabama will get a seat, but do you think Boise would get the nod over Iowa? Boise would have 2 quality wins, (VT and Oregon St.) and we all know who Iowa has to get through.... What do you think Jon?

Who's to say Va Tech and Oregon St. would be quality wins though? That's what makes it even tougher to put Boise in the title game, there title hopes basically hinge on their non conference opponents performing well the rest of the year. They got lucky that Oregon turned out to be good last season. I was not impressed at all with Oregon St's QB on Saturday, they could easily be looking at a 6-6 season, same with Va Tech. They looked good at times, but they play a lot of pretty good ACC teams (FSU, GT, Miami), so its pretty realistic to think that their best win might be over an 8-4 ACC team, is that good enough to put them in the title game?

Latest posts