Lol

Brian Ferentz is so awesome!!

giphy.gif

I hear a lot more people around here saying "let's just see how all the new coaches and players do in year two".
If you want to sip the Kool-Aid, unlike Nebby there is reasons to do so.
If you want to look at games like Wisconsin and Purdue, you could do that as well.

meanwhile Iowa fans have sighed deeply and resigned themselves to 7.5 wins per year in perpetuity....well I have anyway.

Can't read it. I got banned for absolutely no reason. Calling them a bunch of inbred hicks who only get enjoyment from screwing their sister and cheering for a bunch of felons playing football should NOT be enough to get someone banned from a sports message board. Guess I should have added thin-skinned.
Lol. Basically they say they are the only ones who stand a chance of beating Bucky and winning the West.
Guess we just haven't beat them bad enough yet.

Can't read it. I got banned for absolutely no reason. Calling them a bunch of inbred hicks who only get enjoyment from screwing their sister and cheering for a bunch of felons playing football should NOT be enough to get someone banned from a sports message board. Guess I should have added thin-skinned.
They pretty much don't allow fans of other teams on their boards at all. Can't have any heretical straying from the Red Religion, you know.

They pretty much don't allow fans of other teams on their boards at all. Can't have any heretical straying from the Red Religion, you know.
I'm not a member, but it says you don't have to be to just read. I don't really like talking football with Husker fans anyway, so I see no reason to sign up.
But I do like to read stuff.
They lost a center and a lb today also, that's why I was doing recon.

Last edited:
To their credit there are at least a few realistic posters in that thread. A very small few, but it's good to know they exist

I think if the Hawks had just hired a young, exciting coach coming off an undefeated FBS season, a similar poll here would give similar results.

Their recruiting's been the best in the division, even without much real on-field success.

Add a good coach who gets them fired up and playing tough, and there's reason to think a West title's very possible. Maybe not this year (that sched is tough), but soon.

Last edited:
I'm not buying the whole Frost thing yet anyway.
I did a little research and basically he coaches at UNI with Chris Klieman. We know just how good NDSU is.
Went out west and had Chip Kelly who was OC then hc. After Kelly left, with Frost as OC the program started to tank or slide significantly. Bailed for UCF where the kids had given up on their coach. But we're pretty darn successful before Frost came along. He even admitted that the talent was already there.ie: one of the most talented teams in their conference. I suspect just about any coach could walk into OSU or Alabama and do pretty well for a couple of years anyway.
I guess I'm just not in awe of him.

Last edited:
I guess I'm just not in awe of him.
To be clear, I wasn't saying Frost is clearly a great coach and will dominate the division. As you say, he's definitely not a sure thing.

My point was more that the talent's already there in Lincoln & the division's pretty mediocre. It wouldn't take a Saban / Meyer to raise them up.

To be clear, I wasn't saying Frost is clearly a great coach and will dominate the division. As you say, he's definitely not a sure thing.

My point was more that the talent's already there in Lincoln & the division's pretty mediocre. It wouldn't take a Saban / Meyer to raise them up.

Oh it helps our division when Northwestern, Nebraska, Minnesota play better. I agree 100%
Can he do that? Maybe.
Are they going to be the caliber of the top teams in the B10? I doubt that happens anytime soon, or consistently.
I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
Oh it helps our division when Northwestern, Nebraska, Minnesota play better. I agree 100%
Can he do that? Maybe.
Are they going to be the caliber of the top teams in the B10? I doubt that happens anytime soon, or consistently.
I see no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Well, no shit there’s not a lot of evidence. The guy hasn’t coached a game at Nebraska yet. To suggest you see no evidence that he will be any good is just as stupid as saying that there is plenty of evidence he’ll be good right away. What evidence do you have that show that he can’t compete with the top teams in the B1G? I’ll hang up and listen to that. He brought in a higher rated class than Michigan in just a few months on the job. So, he's already shown he can recruit at a high level and Nebraska hasn’t lacked in talent, they’ve lacked in good coaching/development.

They can do exactly what Wisconsin is doing now after a few years under Frost. Iowa could do the same if KF pulled his head out of his ass.

Latest posts