Local radio has Tubby Smith going to

Per the station, Tubby really wants another crack at the SEC. It wouldn't surprise me to see him wait until after the Pearl rumors settle down before he jumps ship to Auburn.

Eugene, OR is about as appealing as Iowa City, IA, Minneapolis, MN and Auburn, AL....none of them exactly jump off the page and make you want to say...I really want to live there.

Disagree, Eugene is a really pretty part of the country and has a terrifiic quality of life. Very cultured area. Minneapolis is hands down a more attractive place to live than either Iowa City or Auburn, AL.

Per the station, Tubby really wants another crack at the SEC. It wouldn't surprise me to see him wait until after the Pearl rumors settle down before he jumps ship to Auburn.

Eugene, OR is about as appealing as Iowa City, IA, Minneapolis, MN and Auburn, AL....none of them exactly jump off the page and make you want to say...I really want to live there.

I completely disagree. Eugene, OR would be a phenomenal place to live.

I've been to Eugene... only time I have ever been in a real sun shower.

Anyway... this situation should remind everyone about the "name" factor.

Minnesota got their splash by hiring Tubby, and he has been there for thee years now. Exactly what has he accomplished there. They are still in the exact same place they were, right?

I've been to Eugene... only time I have ever been in a real sun shower.

Anyway... this situation should remind everyone about the "name" factor.

Minnesota got their splash by hiring Tubby, and he has been there for thee years now. Exactly what has he accomplished there. They are still in the exact same place they were, right?

Yep. I kept saying that Tubby would leave. And now it seems like he will. What has Minny accomplished. One relevant year (this year).....and even then they underperformed.

Back to the building blocks Gophers.

Yep. I kept saying that Tubby would leave. And now it seems like he will. What has Minny accomplished. One relevant year (this year).....and even then they underperformed.

We don't need to bring in a splashy hire that will just use Iowa as a stepping stone to the school he really wants.

That's why we need a lifer like Steve Forbes. The guy will coach at Iowa until he's kicked out like Mr. Davis was.

Jeeze.... You are going to be hard to please.

06-07 Minn 9-22 3-13 conference Monson 1/2 year and then Interim
07-08 Minn 20-13 8-10 conference Tubby first year NIT appearance
08-09 Minn 22-11 9-9 conference Tubby 2nd year NCAA appearance
09-10 Minn 21-14 9-9 conference Tubby 3rd year NCAA appearance

I know it was a big splash hire and it's not like he has led them to 28 win seasons yet. However look what he has done in 3 years compared to Lick. Also look at how crappy the team was the year before he took over.

Hell if Lick was doing this he would be extended to a12 year contract. This is growth, I know it takes some time but this is actual program growth.

They have not been nationally relevent per say, but I can't call them irrlevant like Iowa in Tubby's three years.

i will take that crappy record for sure! big splash gets us back to winning, if said coach leaves after that then we r probably sitting pretty good for another coach to come in and continue what he started. think lute to george to tom. thats when we fired a guy and the curse started.

Will people please get over it.

First, Tom Davis was not fired at Iowa. His contract expired!

Second, Davis had as much to do with Bowlsby not extending his contract, if not more, than Bowlsby did! Hint: it has to do with the '98 season and the contract Bowlsby inherited from Bump.

If you knew what went down most of the Tom Davis supporters would side with Bowlsby. Actually, Bowlsby showed great restraint in allowing Davis to finish out the contract. If I was Davis' boss I would have fired him on the spot.

Jeeze.... You are going to be hard to please.

06-07 Minn 9-22 3-13 conference Monson 1/2 year and then Interim
07-08 Minn 20-13 8-10 conference Tubby first year NIT appearance
08-09 Minn 22-11 9-9 conference Tubby 2nd year NCAA appearance
09-10 Minn 21-14 9-9 conference Tubby 3rd year NCAA appearance

I know it was a big splash hire and it's not like he has led them to 28 win seasons yet. However look what he has done in 3 years compared to Lick. Also look at how crappy the team was the year before he took over.

Hell if Lick was doing this he would be extended to a12 year contract. This is growth, I know it takes some time but this is actual program growth.

They have not been nationally relevent per say, but I can't call them irrlevant like Iowa in Tubby's three years.

Minny has a very strong base of young talent also. No, even if Tubby leaves,he was a great hire by Minny. They made 8.6 million dollars net income off mens bb last year alone.
They return Iverson,Sampson,Joseph,William ,Hoffarber,Cobbs, White(if he returns) Mwbake (if he sticks) and a solid incoming class. If they just hire Vince Taylor, #1 assistant,keep the of the staff intact,and they will be good next year.

I would love if Iowa had hired someone that gave us Tubbys record and was leaving...we would probably be at least 9=10 million wealthier and be in great shape to hire a great coach. Even better,no buyout!