Live from CHA Iowa-ISU

About the HWT match comment I made (sorry, would quote but something's wrong with my phone), all I meant was I don't think either one was a heavy favorite...probably ISU a slight dog there, but IMO, unless one of the HWTs is clearly better, most HWT matches can go either way.

With the rest of the matches, those 3 points mean a lot more to ISU than to Iowa. Istead of 11-3 right now (and I expected BPs from Iowa in the first two lower weights), it could be 8-6.

I don't believe what I just saw:p

Ballweg wins with late and unbelievable takedown

Last edited:
We are at intermission will start at 149 when they return.

Some quick thoughts, Lofthouse again couldn't finish several shots and that doomed him. Rasing started out aggressive but couldn't finish, but he rideout for him was key and nice to see. McD looked pretty good, the score would have been worse if Hunter wasn' stalling so much. Ramos came out and beat a lesser opponent like he should have. Ballweg didn't take a shot the whole match, but scrambled out of some deep shots by Drouin. Ballweg kept it close and was able to counter an attempt at the end to get the TD and win at the end.

Gable just honored with the "Dan Gable Traveling Trophy" that will go to the winner of the UI / ISU match each year.

Latest posts