Live from Carver Hawkeye Arena!!!!

for a sell out crowd, 1 vs 2, streak on the line, there was some completely heartless showings. I mean what more motivation do u need?

Gambrall was just awful, looked uninterested and lazy. What ridiculous way to lose and end an NCAA all time potential record.

Brands just said that they need to "let this one burn" and that he needed to find some way to blow off steam

well, that was more exciting than the bball game at CHA this afternoon. Disappointing way to finish however. great crowd. Looked like Iowa is not very dominant in the upper weights. Sure like Brands, crudy way to determine an outcome of a meet. when did they start that?

i dont see raising getting lateral dropped by a guy he outweighs by 40 pounds, so no i dont believe he would have gotten majored... might have gotten pinned though.

My point was that Brands has been talking no stopped about how Blake Raising is doing all the right things, and all I was saying was maybe telfords lackluster effort gets Raising a second wrestle-off

I don't get it, they lost the tie breaker to the number 2 team

They just didn't look good wrestling, even the guys who were winning looked like they were sleep walking through their matches...now not all of them a couple looked very good but as a team they didn't look that good.

well, that was more exciting than the bball game at CHA this afternoon. Disappointing way to finish however. great crowd. Looked like Iowa is not very dominant in the upper weights. Sure like Brands, crudy way to determine an outcome of a meet. when did they start that?

This year.

I don't get it, they lost the tie breaker to the number 2 team

And you also need to remember it took a huge upset with Ramos beating Oliver just to get to the tiebreaker. This probably could have been 19-13 in favor of OSU.

I didn't expect Iowa to dominate Oklahoma St but they just didn't look very good and weren't on the "attack" most of the night except for a few guys.

i dont see raising getting lateral dropped by a guy he outweighs by 40 pounds, so no i dont believe he would have gotten majored... might have gotten pinned though.

My point was that Brands has been talking no stopped about how Blake Raising is doing all the right things, and all I was saying was maybe telfords lackluster effort gets Raising a second wrestle-off

I agree Raising probably doesn't get thrown, but the Russian is a lot quicker than Raising and he probably would have put on a take down clinic instead.

no one asked, or cares, but heres my thoughts:

McD- Great effort and vintage Iowa-style win
Ramos- Epic win, signature win as a hawkeye for sure
Marion- one of the more lackluster wins, really seemed somewhere else
Kelly- got out classed and if Parks didnt gas it would have gotten ugly
Moore- Very unimpressive, couldnt finish several shots and gave up some sloppy re-shots and counters
Evans- I think we've come to expect that this is the type of match Mike Evans will be giving us, an escape, a riding time point, and maybe a takedown sprinkled in
Lofthouse- great effort against a solid opponent, but he's gotta finish those deep shots , of all the losses, his was the most impressive
Wagner- good for him, good effort and if Gambrall doesn't make the drop atleast you know Wagner is gonna give his all
Gambrall- has been somewhere else all year it seems, I feel bad that he has the concussions and is forced up a weight and is just getting bullied, but he seems aloof in every match i've seen this year
Telford- I was expecting big things and this was a letdown, at the whistle gave the scouting report on Z, stay away from ties the kid is a future olympian he can throw, so if gable knew what gelogaev was gonna do, telford had to know too, and the most frustrating part is he has awesome leg attacks hes built for this kind of match with a thrower, who wants to go up top and reaches, leaving him open to shots.

I agree Raising probably doesn't get thrown, but the Russian is a lot quicker than Raising and he probably would have put on a take down clinic instead.

I don't think so. It would have been tougher for either wrestler to score out there if Rasing wrestling. He'd be a lot bigger and stronger than Russian guy. Finishing shots would have been tough.

I think Rasing would have about guaranteed a dec. loss, whereas Tedford gave us more variance. Possibility of a win, but also a bigger chance of getting pinned/majored.

Latest posts