Little Sister, let the b***hurt flow through you

tweeterhawk

Fant and Hockenson occupying large space rent-free in minds of CryFan.

From Allikat:

When does the first round drought end?

I really hoped that Butler or Montgomery would sneak into the first round. All it takes is for one team to love a prospect and both are good enough to have garnered a realistic shot at a first round selection.

Alas, the steak continues while the TOE gets all sorts of praise for TJ and Fant (good for the individual guys but vomit.)

We have several players either on the roster or in upcoming recruiting classes that have a shot to excel on Sundays but do we have a first rounder in the bunch?

Downing would my prediction based upon promise and usual first round focus on the trenches and QBs. Purdy has potential but my guess is he is a day two guy more based upon competition from the likes Lawrence and Fields than a slight on Purdy.

When was the last time ISU had a first round pick? Crutchfield in the late 70's? Over/under Purdy is the starting QB by week 8. Based on the track record take the under. Was Arnaud the last guy to start for more than a year?

When was the last time ISU had a first round pick? Crutchfield in the late 70's? Over/under Purdy is the starting QB by week 8. Based on the track record take the under. Was Arnaud the last guy to start for more than a year?

Yes
Hopefully over
And I believe he was

Yes
Hopefully over
And I believe he was

The ISU QB streak is crazy really. Injuries, poor performance, mental meltdowns, they have had it all. The funny thing is Clown fans will tell you every year going into the year that the ISU QB > Iowa QB. I remember back when I was trolling the Clowntown site how @Cytwins would tell me Richardson was better than Ruddock and Beathard. I'll guarantee you that 99.9% of Clown fans will tell you that Purdy is so much better than Stanley, and will claim it isn't close.

My prediction is Purdy will come down to earth some this year. No Montgomery in the run game, but more importantly no Butler. Purdy's success was basically throwing the ball up to Butler, and he would go get it. Defense's now have film on Purdy and he isn't going to get away with that this year.

George Amundson in 1973 is their only 1st round draft pick. It is the longest drought amongst Power 5 teams. Reading some draft analysts before and after the draft said Butler could be very productive if he gets "coached up". Rarely, if ever, see that with an Iowa pick.

Latest posts