Little Lick plays 6 minutes- I thought....

TalkHawk

I thought Coach Lickliter said Little Lick deserved the playing time and he should have played more in the OSU game even??????

6 minutes is more like it.

Maybe this shows coach got a little defensive in his previous comments and really, in his heart, did not mean that JL deserved to be playing.

This is actually a good sign IMO.

who cares about his words..... his ACTIONS showed he knows Little Lick is nothing more than a minute eater for Cully to get some rest.

TL is just trying to save his job. I tell you one thing the little guy has heart. I'm talking about TL.

It showed that Lil Lick was the most overwhelmed point guard in the history of the Big Ten. I love how this regime continues to set bad records.

TL is just trying to save his job. I tell you one thing the little guy has heart. I'm talking about TL.

That was the point that I made in a few of the threads earlier this week. In Lick's mind, I'm sure he truly believes that his son could probably play with the big dogs based purely on his understanding the system and playing hard, but Lick knows that his son is creating more fodder for the fire of Lick being removed as the head coach at Iowa so he is making the decision not to play him other than sparingly.

That is why I said that the Lil Lick wouldn't play more than 7 minutes in this game. Next game is wide open because who knows what Lick will be thinking. I'm very curious to now see if Lick allows Tucker to start playing some minutes.

I do not believe Lick backed down from giving John minutes tonight for any other reason than he was not having a good game. Had he dropped in a couple of treys or a steal or even a couple of nice assists, you would have seen him remain on the court. I continue to believe Coach Lick is doing what he can to allocate at least some of the playing time based on matchups on the court and with IL running a tall, long-armed lineup John could not remain on the floor defensively. Likewise, I think Brommer remained on the bench because Cole stayed out of foul trouble and was holding his own tonight while Cougill gave them a potential second big man that could possibly hit the outside shot (not Brommer's strong point). Next Sunday, against Ohio St the minutes will undoubtedly change again based on opposing personnel and possibly the addition of Tucker although I personally think Coach may wait for the Wed home game if he plays at all next week.

Yes, six minutes--and in those six minutes, Illinois took the lead they never relinquished as Lick's man burned him for two three's in a row.

When he is in we are playing 5-4

But I am sure his dad has some plus minus hockey stats to prove we are actually gaining when he is in.

The kid dribbled with an armbar for goodness sake.

Absolutely hilarious.

Ha! He can't even do a behind the back dribble or crossover without looking down at the ball...thats something if you play basketball your entire life you have mastered by age 12. I can see that mini Lick never had to play on a crappy playground in his life, thats where you learn to ball not at some coaches camp.

lil Lick would not last on the court at The fieldhouse on Saturday Mornings. He would be on the court with all of the old guys wearing sweatbands and wristbands calling plays and running the pick & roll. He is at best a scout team pg.

lil Lick would not last on the court at The fieldhouse on Saturday Mornings. He would be on the court with all of the old guys wearing sweatbands and wristbands calling plays and running the pick & roll. He is at best a scout team pg.

My cousin played ball at the FH with Sparky Lick many times. He told me that the kid was a classic "old school pick up player": passing and screening away. Trying to coach everyone. And, dribbling like an 4th grader using an arm bar.

And that was before he started seeing the court in an Iowa uniform.

Lick caved to the opinion of the fan base, I'm glad our football coach doesn't do that

LICKLITER: Plays his son who has no business being on a BT basketball court playing in a BT game.

FERENTZ: Only plays his son(s) when he (they) earn(s) it. Brian Ferentz deserved to play. James Ferentz will be there within two seasons.

Not really sure where you were going with your post, Bricky.

JL is not very good. We know, he knows, and his TL knows it. Tucker put us in this position. While I don't necessarily think TL is the man for the job he doesn't have any options left to rest Payne. The 24 min the other night was ridiculous though. Hopefully I take all the ripping as ripping on TL and not JL because JL never went to Iowa to "play". He just went to fill out a practice roster and be part of the team, never would he have thought he would be playing (other than a blowout - which we are only of the losing end of).

Latest posts