Listen to Sound Off and getting more upset

ICHAWK3

To listen to Jon we have the best coaching staff in College football. Wake up Jon! KOK has been a terrible play caller the whole time he has been here. We have the most talented receivers we have ever had and better than expected OL and one of the better Qbs in College Football and we can only put up 19 points and 17 points back to back weeks that crap. I tell you this the staff has weak points and Gary needs to call coach on it because we pay him way to much for seasons like this. We have been out coached the last two games and in every loss we had this year. You cannot tell me everything is fine with this team. The Hawks lost a game they should have never lost today.

To listen to Jon we have the best coaching staff in College football. Wake up Jon! KOK has been a terrible play caller the whole time he has been here. We have the most talented receivers we have ever had and better than expected OL and one of the better Qbs in College Football and we can only put up 19 points and 17 points back to back weeks that crap. I tell you this the staff has weak points and Gary needs to call coach on it because we pay him way to much for seasons like this. We have been out coached the last two games and in every loss we had this year. You cannot tell me everything is fine with this team. The Hawks lost a game they should have never lost today.

You are hearing what you want to hear.

I am debating with people that are saying Kirk hasn't done much at Iowa, stuff like that that I disagree with.

As for the KOK stuff, I have said this repeatedly; he's doing what Kirk wants. Your criticisms should be directed at Kirk, not KOK

Jon - I understand he is executing KF's game plan, but aside from the ranting style of the post, name one thing that he said that you believe to be incorrect?

I do think that Iowa has a very good staff. However it can't be said this season. IMO Iowa's 3 loses are directly related to Coaching. :(

Not listening to Soundoff so don't know the content of what is being said.

Jon - I understand he is executing KF's game plan, but aside from the ranting style of the post, name one thing that he said that you believe to be incorrect?

I am saying the same things on air that I have written here today. I am not pleased with the lack of execution on offense the last two weeks.

But some the stuff some are calling in and saying, acting like Iowa hasn't done anything the last decade, sorry. Not gonna sit here and hold hands and validate those feelings

I agree that Iowa has a very good staff. However it can't be said this season. IMO Iowa's 3 loses are directly related to Coaching. :(

This is the most frustrating part of it. I refuse to believe that Iowa lost to better Wisconsin or Northwestern teams. Iowa's losses were self-inflicted.

You are hearing what you want to hear.

I am debating with people that are saying Kirk hasn't done much at Iowa, stuff like that that I disagree with.

As for the KOK stuff, I have said this repeatedly; he's doing what Kirk wants. Your criticisms should be directed at Kirk, not KOK

Jon, Who calls the plays? Who sends them into Ricky? Whoever that man is needs to feel some big time heat......

Jon, will there ever be any change, or can we expect this every year. It is frustrating to watch such a talented team end up average at best. We have seen this year in and year out but nothing changes and that is what is frustrating.

Jon - if this is the gameplan that KF wants executed, that is troubling at best.

I understand that it is an execution issue, but we've been consistently anemic on offense for the better part of the KF era.

Where do we have to be at for KF to realize that maybe the gameplan needs some work?

KOK calls the plays, let's not get that confused! However, KOK operates an offense that fits the philosophy of Kirks! Time to tweak that philosophy I believe, or at least the play calling! The best full game KOK has called all year was the ISU game. Yes we put up 30 on MSU by half, but what did we do in 2nd half of that game, NOTHING! We took our foot off the gas and has been off the gas ever since!!!!!!

Jon, Who calls the plays? Who sends them into Ricky? Whoever that man is needs to feel some big time heat......

Ken calls the plays. Kirk hears every call.

Folks, you are not hearing what I am saying. I am saying that Kirk knows everything Ken does. Iowa's offense has been beneath average for the majority of the KF years. But Kirk does not make a change.

To me, that means Ken is doing what Kirk wants him to do, and he is pleased with the job he is doing. How can you arrive at any other conclusion?

So that being said, the angst that people have for KOK, IMO, is misdirected.

I understand your point Jon but the loss this year can be pinned on the coaches. The offense is very predictable and we run a lot of throw away plays. I would say that Wisky and the Hawks have very similar type talent and they can put up 83 on the Hoosiers and we can only put up 19. Granted 83 is uncalled for but putting up 40 on them and NW should be expected. I will ask you this what then is the problem? I don't want a canned U of I answer. I want a real answer.

I understand your point Jon but the loss this year can be pinned on the coaches. The offense is very predictable and we run a lot of throw away plays. I would say that Wisky and the Hawks have very similar type talent and they can put up 83 on the Hoosiers and we can only put up 19. Granted 83 is uncalled for but putting up 40 on them and NW should be expected. I will ask you this what then is the problem? I don't want a canned U of I answer. I want a real answer.

I am not arguing with you on these things. And I dont have the answers

Ken calls the plays. Kirk hears every call.

Folks, you are not hearing what I am saying. I am saying that Kirk knows everything Ken does. Iowa's offense has been beneath average for the majority of the KF years. But Kirk does not make a change.

To me, that means Ken is doing what Kirk wants him to do, and he is pleased with the job he is doing. How can you arrive at any other conclusion?

So that being said, the angst that people have for KOK, IMO, is misdirected.

This is true, and what I want to know is why is this what KF wants? Why is this pleasing to KF? I agree the angst at KOK is misdirected, but I guess I am beyond confused as to why this kind of output is acceptable to a Big 10 football coach that also is coincidentally the highest paid coach in the league.

Our offense has not been the same since the first half of MSU game! We played not to lose on offense, starting in the 2nd half of that game and it has carried over for two weeks now! We will never have the killer instinct under this coaching staff, the go for the throat mentality! I get that! But playing conservatively and playing not to lose on offense is costing us!!

Would you say the media should bring these points to coaches attention? I think we deserver an answer because this is big boy football. Oh and he needs to answer the tough questions since he does make the $$$$$.

I agree that Kirk hears every call of Ken's. But Kirk does not make any changes during the game. So it's not like Kirk hears a call he doesn't like and can then change the play. That to me is telling. One thing I thought was telling today, was in one of the timeouts on the last drive, Kirk specifically went over to the o-line and said something to them. He left O'Keefe alone with the skill players for the whole timeout.
To me, the head coach needs to be in that huddle with the QB and receivers. Clearly there have been issues with clock management and play selection, why is the head coach not in the huddle with the skill players on the final drive with under 1 minute left??

Latest posts