Lil Debbie

loesshillshawk

Living over here within close proximity to Omaha you should all know they will be winning a National Championship. There team is bigger, faster, and strong enough to compete on a national level. Their QB has finally figured it out and will win the Heisman. Their defense is back at 90's type of talent. Their head coach has finally got HIS team and all will bow to Husker Nation. In spite of losing their best playmaker, they have replaced him with better talent. Transfers from programs like USC have told the press Nebraska practices are much better than what they left. Just wanted to warn you poor B1G West fans.

Possibility 1: Nebraska is a nascent national power but, due to some bad breaks and terrible refs (mostly the latter), things just haven't quite clicked for them over the last 2 decades.

Possibility 2: they are now Minnesota, they just aren't ready to accept it.

Even if Nebby could win the Big 10 West they probably dont match up well with the Big 10 East champ because whoever that team is it is Ohio St or someone who beat Ohio St.

Even if Nebby wins the Big 10 Champ. Game they are a long way from Alabama or whoever they face in the semi finals which would be the usual suspects of Clemson, Georgia, LSU, maybe OU.

Even if Nebby could win the Big 10 West they probably dont match up well with the Big 10 East champ because whoever that team is it is Ohio St or someone who beat Ohio St.

Even if Nebby wins the Big 10 Champ. Game they are a long way from Alabama or whoever they face in the semi finals which would be the usual suspects of Clemson, Georgia, LSU, maybe OU.
Yeah, I mean, even if you put OSU aside...let's face it, OSU is in a league of their own, no one from the Big Ten has been able to match up with them - save for a few quirk seasons - with any consistency whatsoever for about 2 decades now. Look at PSU. Nationally, PSU is a joke. Large fanbase, so the media insists on talking them up as contenders every time they get to the 6-0 or 7-0 range, but do you think for a second your Bamas and Clemsons of the world are going, "oh no, Penn State! Better do some advance film study on them just in case!" Lol, please. But you put PSU's recent body of work up against Nebraska's and PSU looks like a friggin' juggernaut.

Nebraska is way, way down the pecking order in the big picture. The Big Ten West is an absolute pillow fight. It's good fun and a nice fit for a program like Iowa, but ultimately it's a bunch of try-hards vying for the rigjt to be the feel-good storyline in the impending Big Ten Championship bloodbath. If you are regularly making yourself look like a clown in THAT environment, you're a long ways out of the running.

Yeah, I mean, even if you put OSU aside...let's face it, OSU is in a league of their own, no one from the Big Ten has been able to match up with them - save for a few quirk seasons - with any consistency whatsoever for about 2 decades now. Look at PSU. Nationally, PSU is a joke. Large fanbase, so the media insists on talking them up as contenders every time they get to the 6-0 or 7-0 range, but do you think for a second your Bamas and Clemsons of the world are going, "oh no, Penn State! Better do some advance film study on them just in case!" Lol, please. But you put PSU's recent body of work up against Nebraska's and PSU looks like a friggin' juggernaut.

Nebraska is way, way down the pecking order in the big picture. The Big Ten West is an absolute pillow fight. It's good fun and a nice fit for a program like Iowa, but ultimately it's a bunch of try-hards vying for the rigjt to be the feel-good storyline in the impending Big Ten Championship bloodbath. If you are regularly making yourself look like a clown in THAT environment, you're a long ways out of the running.
To my recollection, OSU has had 2, maybe 3 "bad" years in the past 20. One was 2004 where they were having problems at QB and ultimately went with freshman Troy Smith. Iowa crushed them at Kinnick that year. The other was that year they went 6-6 during a scandal when Tressel left during an investigation. Their level of dominance in the conference is unreal. I can't think of a conference home game they have lost bince 2015 against MSU. Maybe PSU beat them that after that. They have a fluke game like Iowa 2017 or Purdue (2019?) on average about once every two years.

PSU and Michigan have been moved from premier to maybe a tick better than Iowa and probably on par with Wisconsin. I can't fathom the ignominy their fanbases must feel at that. I used to work with a bunch of Michigan fans and I remember their extreme anger and disgust at Braylon Edwards saying Michigan had fallen to Iowa's level.

But Nebraska just flat out sucks. Frankly, if I were them I would implement a triple option cloned off of what Army does and what Georgia Tech did when they were good. They clearly can't play straight up football with anyone and if they had something unique to talk about and get some publicity it might do their program good. Obviously they would never be able to beat the elite teams in the south with it, but it could give them a pretty big advantage in the conference because prepping for it in a week is really hard to do.

Living over here within close proximity to Omaha you should all know they will be winning a National Championship. There team is bigger, faster, and strong enough to compete on a national level. Their QB has finally figured it out and will win the Heisman. Their defense is back at 90's type of talent. Their head coach has finally got HIS team and all will bow to Husker Nation. In spite of losing their best playmaker, they have replaced him with better talent. Transfers from programs like USC have told the press Nebraska practices are much better than what they left. Just wanted to warn you poor B1G West fans.
That’s a lot of italics. Lots of emphasis there…

But Nebraska just flat out sucks. Frankly, if I were them I would implement a triple option cloned off of what Army does and what Georgia Tech did when they were good. They clearly can't play straight up football with anyone and if they had something unique to talk about and get some publicity it might do their program good. Obviously they would never be able to beat the elite teams in the south with it, but it could give them a pretty big advantage in the conference because prepping for it in a week is really hard to do.

Again, outside of the run with Pelini where he finished 9-4 seemingly every year, they haven't been that good since they fired Solich. And they're 21-35 in the last 5 years. For reference, ISU went 22-31 from 1988-1992, a period which was the heyday of Jim Walden.

That's not exactly the company you want to keep.

I live and work amongst these people and listen to their radio lackeys on my drive home. I do believe this will be a more talented and disciplined team that the last couple years under Frost. They do not have an explosive playmaker, but they have some dudes on offense and their defense should be better. But, they are far from great and the schedule is brutal. Maybe this is a break through year, but 8-4 is the realistic ceiling. You can make a strong case that they will be a good deal better, and still struggle to make a bowl. My predictions:

at Illinois W (but if they lose this game, the wheels likely come off the Frost train)

Fordham W

Buffalo W

at Oklahoma L (100%)

at Michigan State L

Northwestern W (but Fitz has done well in Lincoln, so this is close call)

Michigan L

at Minnesota L

Purdue W

Ohio State L (100%)

at Wisconsin L

Iowa L

My picks were pretty chalk. 5-7. There are more winnable games on here, but they are more likely to implode than win the West with that schedule, IMHO.

I live and work amongst these people and listen to their radio lackeys on my drive home. I do believe this will be a more talented and disciplined team that the last couple years under Frost. They do not have an explosive playmaker, but they have some dudes on offense and their defense should be better. But, they are far from great and the schedule is brutal. Maybe this is a break through year, but 8-4 is the realistic ceiling. You can make a strong case that they will be a good deal better, and still struggle to make a bowl. My predictions:

at Illinois W (but if they lose this game, the wheels likely come off the Frost train)

Fordham W

Buffalo W

at Oklahoma L (100%)

at Michigan State L

Michigan L

at Minnesota L

Purdue W

Ohio State L (100%)

at Wisconsin L

Iowa L

My picks were pretty chalk. 5-7. There are more winnable games on here, but they are more likely to implode than win the West with that schedule, IMHO.

Yeah that first game at IL will kinda paint the picture. If NE were to win that and look good doing it NE fans will be insufferable (FOR BEATING A TOTALLY REBUILDING CRAPPY IL PROGRAM)
But if they lose it and don't look good doing that then Frost may want to take advantage of the sellers market and list his place...

Fordham W

Buffalo W

at Oklahoma L (100%)

at Michigan State L

Michigan L

at Minnesota L

Purdue W

Ohio State L (100%)

at Wisconsin L

Iowa L

That Illinois game is next Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it. Illinois has some talented upperclassmen. Bielema is a really solid Big Ten legacy coach. The last time he coached against Nebraska his offense ran up 70 points and utterly embarrassed the Blackshirts. He doesn't have that level of talent, but Lovie had some really promising players a few classes ago and all of those guys are seniors now. That team has been close on some big upsets, but Lovie always managed to choke the close games. Always. And Lovie is a pretty good tactical football coach, but he had no idea how to teach college players fundamentals and his teams were undisciplined and had guys blowing simple assignment football all over the place. Bielema is the antithesis of Lovie in that regard. I think Illinois wins the opener and is a surprise team in the West this year.

Now next year, when the good class all turns over they are going to be terrible, but they could really surprise people this year. Now Nebraska, if they lose that Illinois game, they are gonna be in big trouble. OU as a non-con game and a ridiculous crossover slate with UM, MSU and OSU, they could easily be looking at a sub-.500 season even if they are better than last year.

If I remember right, Nebbie moved up one of its cupcake games so they would for sure have a winning record going into the Oklahoma game. I think they knew there was a decent chance they could fall to Illinois in week 0, so they wanted to at least be 2-1 before charging into Norman for an ass kicking. I normally would not be excited about Illinois playing anyone, but that game has implications for sure.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe that Fryowa was the first dude to call Nebraska "the Sand People." I have used that phrase to describe them ever since, and I never fail to get a laugh when I use it.

I think Illinois is a make or break game for Frost. Lose that one (and I think they WILL lose to a very experienced, hungry Illinois team) and it could be the beginning of the end for the Frost era at Nebby.

That Illinois game is next Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it. Illinois has some talented upperclassmen. Bielema is a really solid Big Ten legacy coach. The last time he coached against Nebraska his offense ran up 70 points and utterly embarrassed the Blackshirts. He doesn't have that level of talent, but Lovie had some really promising players a few classes ago and all of those guys are seniors now. That team has been close on some big upsets, but Lovie always managed to choke the close games. Always. And Lovie is a pretty good tactical football coach, but he had no idea how to teach college players fundamentals and his teams were undisciplined and had guys blowing simple assignment football all over the place. Bielema is the antithesis of Lovie in that regard. I think Illinois wins the opener and is a surprise team in the West this year.

Now next year, when the good class all turns over they are going to be terrible, but they could really surprise people this year. Now Nebraska, if they lose that Illinois game, they are gonna be in big trouble. OU as a non-con game and a ridiculous crossover slate with UM, MSU and OSU, they could easily be looking at a sub-.500 season even if they are better than last year.
First games for new coaches can be tricky. I like that IL is at home for it. It should be a pretty big ask for them to try and hold NEs offense down and then for their O to keep up. Feels like they'll have to force turnovers and mistakes from NE to get the job done (which is entirely possible and right in NEs wheelhouse lately) NE should probably be favored to win it but nothing would surprise me too much with the outcome of it

First games for new coaches can be tricky. I like that IL is at home for it. It should be a pretty big ask for them to try and hold NEs offense down and then for their O to keep up. Feels like they'll have to force turnovers and mistakes from NE to get the job done (which is entirely possible and right in NEs wheelhouse lately) NE should probably be favored to win it but nothing would surprise me too much with the outcome of it

Agreed that first games are tricky. Very tricky. But Nebraska won't have any tape whatsoever on Illinois and if they decide to fire up Bielema's last Big Ten game they'll see nothing but themselves getting assblasted in a game where Bielema threw the ball 10 freaking times and scored 70 points, which has to be a modern day record against a top 25 FBS team. I'm not a Wisconsin fan, but I have never seen a better performance of an o-line and running attack than that game.

Agreed that first games are tricky. Very tricky. But Nebraska won't have any tape whatsoever on Illinois and if they decide to fire up Bielema's last Big Ten game they'll see nothing but themselves getting assblasted in a game where Bielema threw the ball 10 freaking times and scored 70 points, which has to be a modern day record against a top 25 FBS team. I'm not a Wisconsin fan, but I have never seen a better performance of an o-line and running attack than that game.
Like.

There isn't much home field advantage either for Illinois. That stadium sucks and it would not surprise me if there are a lot of N red shirts walking around Chicago next weekend taking a three day weekend to catch the Bugeaters opening game.

If I had to guess, I would expect a close and sloppy game, but in the end, Nebbie has too many playmakers for Illinois to muzzle.

Sand people. Too good......

There isn't much home field advantage either for Illinois. That stadium sucks and it would not surprise me if there are a lot of N red shirts walking around Chicago next weekend taking a three day weekend to catch the Bugeaters opening game.

If I had to guess, I would expect a close and sloppy game, but in the end, Nebbie has too many playmakers for Illinois to muzzle.

Sand people. Too good......

Remember in the early days of The Germ when Prtizker, likely unconstitutionally, banned travel into Illinois from certain states? I'd like to see him do that again and then send the national guard into Champaign to arrest every 'Braska fan. Maybe let them into the stadium, then as they turn a corner, bam. 10,000 Husker fans arrested. You can't do it in a big mob or else people will leave. Make it some modified and more mass produced version of this:

Latest posts