Lickliter's postgame comments

NewMexHawk

After saying that one of the reasons Iowa had such a tough time was because they had to play on Senior Night and now have to play on Senior Night at Minnesota, what kind of excuse is that?

I was joking before about not playing away games but after that excuse perhaps Lickliter really should petition the Big 10 and just if Iowa could forfeit all away games. If they refuse, maybe he could just ask if Iowa could forfeit the last three or four so Iowa doesn't have to play on Senior Night because it is so unfair? Besides, Iowa is so uncompetitive on the road, why bother if we are going to get our heads handed to us anyway. Why not save everyone the time and embarassment and just take the forfeit and just have the players stay home and study.

Lickliter could then use the excuse that there was too much time between games and the players were TOO rested if they lost again at home. He would just have more excuses. He seems to like excuses. Maybe one day he will write a book, "Excuses for College BB Dummies."

To be fair, after you've set the record for most losses in a season....as well as having the worst three year run in the school's history...you have to start becoming inventive with your excuses. We would be much more upset if he just used the same excuse over and over.

Job well done Lick!

Week, then we should take away or win against Indy since it was Senior day for us.

Didn't help ISU at all the other night. What a weak excuse

Week, then we should take away or win against Indy since it was Senior day for us.

Didn't help ISU at all the other night. What a weak excuse

Exactly. I didn't hear him dishing out any sympathy for Indiana having to play in such an unfair situation @Iowa on its senior day.

Excuses are for losers. Own up to your own failures and figure out how to do better going forward rather than whine about how unfair everything is.

Write Barta. Everytime this stuff happens I never forget to write Gary Barta to remind him.

Exactly. I didn't hear him dishing out any sympathy for Indiana having to play in such an unfair situation @Iowa on its senior day.

Excuses are for losers. Own up to your own failures and figure out how to do better going forward rather than whine about how unfair everything is.
Indiana also played at Purdue on its senior day. I thought we were the only Big Ten team to be treated in such a manner!

I posted this elsewhere but thought it fits in with this discussion as well. Here is how Lickliter views the future. Fans can tweet Todd Brommelkamp, editor of Voice of the Hawkeyes magazine, questions for him to ask Lickliter at his post-game and Marc Morehouse of The Gazzette asked "Do you see an NCAA tournament appearance for Gatens/Fuller in their careers?" Lick's answer was "Yes, their senior year. Next year will be pushing .500, best case an NIT berth."

So you can see the future looks promising!!!

Here's the actual tweet asked (the @"name" is a reply to):
@VoiceoftheHawks Do you see an NCAA tournament appearance for Gatens/Fuller in their careers?

Here's the actual tweet answered:
@marcmorehouse At Iowa? Just kidding. Yes, their senior year. Next year will be pushing .500, best case an NIT berth

Last edited:
To be fair, after you've set the record for most losses in a season....as well as having the worst three year run in the school's history...you have to start becoming inventive with your excuses. We would be much more upset if he just used the same excuse over and over.

Job well done Lick!

Now, if he could just get his players to start becoming more creative!

Lick couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag!!! I'd have more fun watching that than I would his style of play. I love the players and the fact that they never quit, but seriously this isn't basketball.

Maybe the fans should get a plaque and put all of his accomplishments on it and send it to him...

I'm on it...

4S2407.jpg

Maybe the fans should get a plaque and put all of his accomplishments on it and send it to him...

That would be a pretty small plaque: Most Losses In A Season, Most Losses in Three-Year Coaching Record, Most Transfers ... well, you get the picture.

Barta could use it for a drink coaster on his well-oiled mahagony desk.

Latest posts