Lickliter

Dude is making a living, good for him. It wasn't going to be in basketball (by this I mean John, not Todd, in case anyone was confused).

John was actually really nice, I sold him a truck when him and his dad were in Iowa City. Made it hard for me to hate them after getting to know them persoanlly.
Dude is making a living, good for him. It wasn't going to be in basketball (by this I mean John, not Todd, in case anyone was confused).
To be clear I wasn't making fun of the guy for being a contractor at all.

I just thought it was weird to think that he was on the floor of Carver at one point.

To be clear I wasn't making fun of the guy for being a contractor at all.

I just thought it was weird to think that he was on the floor of Carver at one point.
Yeah I thought that comment was unlike you

Every now and then someone who has had too many pina coladas will get on here and say Lickliter had the plug pulled too early, didn't get a fair shake, had his best recruiting class coming in, stuff like that.

To those people, STOP! Please stop. For starters the last class led by Marble, McCabe and Brust was not Todd's best. His second class, led by Gatens and Anthony Tucker was his best.

But this mess goes deeper than that. Lets compare year three of the Todd regime vs Fran. Fran would have been in the NCAA'S if TV Teddy Valentine wasn't bosom buddies with Tom Izzo, but Fran pressed on undaunted and made it to the NIT championship game.

Todd?

He had four of his top seven players transfer out of the program and a fifth had off the court issues. He was piece-mealing lineups that included players like his son John, Brennan Cougill, and Andrew Brommer. Carver was half empty for home conference games and opposing schools were filling up entire sections with THEIR fans. We were losing games by scores like 59-42, 70-53, 65-43, and 88-53. We were getting progressively worse as the year went on. Finally native son Matt Gatens was rumored to be leading a new wave of mass transfers if changes weren't made.

We finished, and that term is debatable, the 2010 season ranked 174th in overall KenPom. Since KenPom was invented in 2002, out of a possible 230 B1G teams, only 10 have finished the season ranked lower. That puts Lickliter's 2010 season in the bottom four percent of all B1G teams in quality since 2002.

Give Lickliter more time? No, his dismissal in 2010 was damage control. We were in danger of becoming irrelevant in the conference. Thank God Fran has brought us back to some level of relevance!

Every now and then someone who has had too many pina coladas will get on here and say Lickliter had the plug pulled too early, didn't get a fair shake, had his best recruiting class coming in, stuff like that.

To those people, STOP! Please stop. For starters the last class led by Marble, McCabe and Brust was not Todd's best. His second class, led by Gatens and Anthony Tucker was his best.

But this mess goes deeper than that. Lets compare year three of the Todd regime vs Fran. Fran would have been in the NCAA'S if TV Teddy Valentine wasn't bosom buddies with Tom Izzo, but Fran pressed on undaunted and made it to the NIT championship game.

Todd?

He had four of his top seven players transfer out of the program and a fifth had off the court issues. He was piece-mealing lineups that included players like his son John, Brennan Cougill, and Andrew Brommer. Carver was half empty for home conference games and opposing schools were filling up entire sections with THEIR fans. We were losing games by scores like 59-42, 70-53, 65-43, and 88-53. We were getting progressively worse as the year went on. Finally native son Matt Gatens was rumored to be leading a new wave of mass transfers if changes weren't made.

We finished, and that term is debatable, the 2010 season ranked 174th in overall KenPom. Since KenPom was invented in 2002, out of a possible 230 B1G teams, only 10 have finished the season ranked lower. That puts Lickliter's 2010 season in the bottom four percent of all B1G teams in quality since 2002.

Give Lickliter more time? No, his dismissal in 2010 was damage control. We were in danger of becoming irrelevant in the conference. Thank God Fran has brought us back to some level of relevance!

Latest posts