Lickliter finds a home with RedHawks

So many "insiders" on these boards...I guess I wonder why so many have to continue to tear Lick down. Why not let the guy get on with his life?He wants to coach. He's getting a chance, as an assistant. Let it go.
Screw that!Those of you that have insider info keep posting. This is called a forum not a classroom where you are expected to sit down and shut up. If you do not like what you are reading then don't read it. You tired of reading Lick threads then do not open them.

I agree. That article did not paint Iowa a pretty portrait, therefore we as fans have a right to use this forum to express our opinions.

Real professional for D1 coach to make those comments. What a POS

Iowa pulls the plug on everybody they get? This guy is clueless...he couldn't be more wrong.

Look at the tenure of our coaches in major sports. If you put football, bball and women's bball together, over the past 10 20, or 30 years, we're among the most stable schools in D1. Period.

The guy's an idiot.

Did anyone ask Coles why nobody touched Lickliter for what, two years after leaving Iowa? Perhaps he should have slammed Eastern Michigan and that other directional school in Florida that did not even grant him an interview.

Oh yeah Coach Lickliter, we all saw it turning. Imagine a backcourt of Cully Payne and Ben Brust playing with May, Gatens and Brommer. We were locked and loaded. No program in the state of Indiana wanted a piece of this guy and that should tell the casual observer all they need to know.

Oh yeah Coach Lickliter, we all saw it turning. Imagine a backcourt of Cully Payne and Ben Brust playing with May, Gatens and Brommer. We were locked and loaded. No program in the state of Indiana wanted a piece of this guy and that should tell the casual observer all they need to know.

You just made me shudder with visions of that lineup playing for Iowa today and I bet you are right. But would Gatens have played his senior year here? There were rumors of more players leaving before Lick was canned.

It amazes me how a coach can be so disconnected with his players have ever had success anywhere. The assistants at Butler must have really been doing all the work to keep the team together and playing so well.

Did anyone ask Coles why nobody touched Lickliter for what, two years after leaving Iowa? Perhaps he should have slammed Eastern Michigan and that other directional school in Florida that did not even grant him an interview.

If that would have been our starting line up this year I dont know if we would have one 5 games.

Iowa fans are happy we have Fran at the helm.

The Redhawks seem to be happy they have Lickliter on their bench.

Really not much else to say besides that.

In small defense of Lick playing his son, who else should have been playing the backup point? I forget was Neari a point guard or was there someone else on the roster that could have played?

The irony in the Lil Lick enigma is, Todd has a picture of him in action as one of his proudest moments sitting on his desk! Perception can go in opposite directions sometimes..

Why do people continue to say that he was a good man? Is there any proof of this at all?

The guy is one of the worst coaches in the history of the Big Ten.

I think he was a good guy. I think he had integrity. I think he is a good teacher and coach.

His weakness, was recruiting at the B1G level. I think he was at his zenith at Butler. The real error was the AD at a B1G school who hired him.

The irony in the Lil Lick enigma is, Todd has a picture of him in action as one of his proudest moments sitting on his desk! Perception can go in opposite directions sometimes..

But who wouldn't be proud of that as a father? Heck if either of my 2 boys ever gets a chance to make a basket for Iowa you know damn well I'll be posting the picture of it all over the place. There will be a big azz poster of it nailed to the front of my house. :D

Columbushawk, if we are talking about whoi Iowa has let go then you have to include TD. If you don't then you are being less than honest. I don't see why anyone with common sense wouldn't admit that.

Ghost, have you reached him yet?

I did call him again on Sunday. I saw that Miami had lost that day on the crawl while I was enjoying a pizza Happy Joe's. I decided I was going to call him to console him. Unfortunately, he was not in his office again, so I left him this message:

"Hey coach, it's Billy. Sorry bout the loss today. Go get them next time. I love you."

If Weber gets the boot, Lic would be a great fit over in Illinois. He can put his 5yr rip apart a program in place there. He set back the program 6 to 7 years.

I think he was a good guy. I think he had integrity. I think he is a good teacher and coach.

His weakness, was recruiting at the B1G level. I think he was at his zenith at Butler. The real error was the AD at a B1G school who hired him.

I don't really get good guy , good teacher or good coach with integrity characterization.

He failed completely at coaching and teaching, let alone recruiting or retaining BB players at Iowa. On top of that he lost more repeatedly as time went on.

Not to mention that his style off BB was so boring and pathetic it was unwatchable... unless you liked the style of play from 100 years ago.

Have any of you who have played BB on any level wanted to play the "Butler" style of BB? Except of course who can get a D 1 scholly from only one school? ie Butler... the Butler way.

Finally a really good guy with integrity would come out after accepting a $2.4 million buyout (or whatever) and dismissal from Iowa and say that he failed... he wasn't the right man for the job at Iowa... and thank you Iowa for the opportunity and the millions he made from Iowa.

Licl would go on to say that he thanks Coach Coles from Miami of Ohio, his current boss, for having his back... but Coles at 70 yo is wrong, old and decripit and has no clue about Iowa and their BB program.

Finally Lick would come out and thank Eastern Michigan and some JC in NE Florida for the opportunity to interview for a coaching position in "college" last year as he awaits a head coaching position at some powerhouse Indiana HIGH SCHOOL.

I don't really get good guy , good teacher or good coach with integrity characterization.

He failed completely at coaching and teaching, let alone recruiting or retaining BB players at Iowa. On top of that he lost more repeatedly as time went on.

Not to mention that his style off BB was so boring and pathetic it was unwatchable... unless you liked the style of play from 100 years ago.

Have any of you who have played BB on any level wanted to play the "Butler" style of BB? Except of course who can get a D 1 scholly from only one school? ie Butler... the Butler way.

Finally a really good guy with integrity would come out after accepting a $2.4 million buyout (or whatever) and dismissal from Iowa and say that he failed... he wasn't the right man for the job at Iowa... and thank you Iowa for the opportunity and the millions he made from Iowa.

Licl would go on to say that he thanks Coach Coles from Miami of Ohio, his current boss, for having his back... but Coles at 70 yo is wrong, old and decripit and has no clue about Iowa and their BB program.

Finally Lick would come out and thank Eastern Michigan and some JC in NE Florida for the opportunity to interview for a coaching position in "college" last year as he awaits a head coaching position at some powerhouse Indiana HIGH SCHOOL.

This is a pretty bad post, on so many levels.

Latest posts