LeVar Woods Interviews with Bucs

My comeback to that is I think $1M as an assistant D coordinator was enough to keep Wallace at Iowa. At that point, if he wanted to be a head DC somewhere I think he'd do it, regardless of the assistant HC title.

And from afar, it has seemed like Woods has been ready and wanting more for awhile.

Here's another thing I don't love. Kirk has had 4 OCs and 2 DCs. And now an assistant head coach. And at one time, he said Doyle was the most important/powerful person in the whole organization (with Kirk being the one who empowered him).

So he's 8 for 8 for placing white guys in the most important spots on his staff. (The strength coach position has been far diminished since Doyle left, and I don't think most consider special teams coordinator on the same level as the others, it certainly isn't as a springboard to other opportunities).

That's a really poor track record after 25 years. Once Kirk didn't hire a black guy as OC, I think it made even more sense for him to elevate Woods to a more entrusted position that would lend itself to more opportunities.
Yea, I think there's a little butt hurt with Woods and the way it went down. Just think about it, you have been coordinating one of the two elite phases on a team. This out of 3 phases for a team. Two of the guys get elevated/larger salaries and you feel like you aren't appreciated.

Latest posts