LeVar Woods appreciation article from the Athletic

What's KF got left? If he retired after this yr should anyone be too surprised? My best guess is he's got 2 or 3 yrs left tops. I don't think he'll be there for this yrs recruiting class to graduate. With the additions of UCLA and USC the playoffs expanding and just the overall landscape of college football with NIL I could see KF not being too long in the tooth for it all. Add in his buddy Barta is gone so he'd have to break in a new AD to build a relationship with.

Would Woods be considered for it? I sure as hell would love to see it. I've flat out advocated for it on here before. But new AD makes everything a crapshoot. I just wonder if say his odds woulda been higher to get it had Barta still been here to make that decision or not....

What's KF got left? If he retired after this yr should anyone be too surprised? My best guess is he's got 2 or 3 yrs left tops. I don't think he'll be there for this yrs recruiting class to graduate. With the additions of UCLA and USC the playoffs expanding and just the overall landscape of college football with NIL I could see KF not being too long in the tooth for it all. Add in his buddy Barta is gone so he'd have to break in a new AD to build a relationship with.

Would Woods be considered for it? I sure as hell would love to see it. I've flat out advocated for it on here before. But new AD makes everything a crapshoot. I just wonder if say his odds woulda been higher to get it had Barta still been here to make that decision or not....

If we have a solid year this year, KF will be a whisker away from taking his rightful place as the winningest coach in Big Ten history. I want that sooooo bad.

If we have a solid year this year, KF will be a whisker away from taking his rightful place as the winningest coach in Big Ten history. I want that sooooo bad.
KFz will never be the winningest coach in B1G history. He's 68th in winning %.

If you're going with the raw number of wins defition... rather than winning percentage, then he's already the "losingest" coach in B1G history as he has more losses than any coach. (though Fitz has a chance to catch him)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-ten/coaches.html

True... And you know nobody knows all those numbers more then him. He'd play it down if ever asked about it but human nature is what it is. Another factor to not ignore for him staying another yr or 2 more

KFz will never be the winningest coach in B1G history. He's 68th in winning %.

If you're going with the raw number of wins defition... rather than winning percentage, then he's already the "losingest" coach in B1G history as he has more losses than any coach. (though Fitz has a chance to catch him)

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/conferences/big-ten/coaches.html

My dream would be for him to finish 69th in win %, first in wins (I don't count that U of C dude).

Back to the Levar piece. I really hope he gets a serious look when KFz retires. Everything you read about the guy is positive...from recruits to high school coaches to his players and coaching peers. He has it together.

I was particulary struck by Kittle's comments. Who knew he was so discouraged...and now he's one of the most recognizable players in the NFL.

Back to the Levar piece. I really hope he gets a serious look when KFz retires. Everything you read about the guy is positive...from recruits to high school coaches to his players and coaching peers. He has it together.

I was particulary struck by Kittle's comments. Who knew he was so discouraged...and now he's one of the most recognizable players in the NFL.
He was a skinny dude when he first got to Iowa. Barely 200 lbs. Musta felt like a mountain of a climb for him to see playing time. But he obviously made it. Some dudes can really transform their bodies. He didn't look anything like the same dude when he graduated.

Latest posts