Let's try to have 4 days of positive posting

Fkakert

Banned
I'm not saying not to be critical, just try to put a positive spin on it. For example, instead of saying someone is horrible or should never play, you say he needs to improve upon whatever problem or do something more consistently to be worthy of time. It's all just a mindset. We as a fan base need to lose this cloak of negativity.

Go Hawks!! Screw Penn St. Why not us? It really should be every team's mindset at his point.

Aright I'll try to be positive. You'll have to excuse me if I go to another thread to get my daily quota of laughs from the cyfans.

I don't think we suck, but even if we did, being negative doesn't help anything. We have the players we have and root for them because of the name on the front of the jersey. If you're a hawkeye fan, I would assume you would want the team to continually improve. Almost any study I've seen shows that positive reinforcement yields much better results than negative reinforcement.

If a player does come to one of these boards sometime, what do you think would be better for his mentality, seeing a thread that talks about his weaknesses and how he can improve them or a thread that talks about how horrible he is and doesn't deserve to play in the B1G?

People that are completely irrational and expect the players to be perfect all the time are parasites that I wish would jump onto some other school and spread their merriment there.

I don't think we suck, but even if we did, being negative doesn't help anything. We have the players we have and root for them because of the name on the front of the jersey. If you're a hawkeye fan, I would assume you would want the team to continually improve. Almost any study I've seen shows that positive reinforcement yields much better results than negative reinforcement.

If a player does come to one of these boards sometime, what do you think would be better for his mentality, seeing a thread that talks about his weaknesses and how he can improve them or a thread that talks about how horrible he is and doesn't deserve to play in the B1G?

People that are completely irrational and expect the players to be perfect all the time are parasites that I wish would jump onto some other school and spread their merriment there.

Seems to be a bit of negativity in this sentiment. Remember the thread topic? :p

It has nothing to do with the games outcome. It's about our crappy fan culture and you are exhibit A. I'm sure you're a peach in person also.

It has nothing to do with the games outcome. It's about our crappy fan culture and you are exhibit A. I'm sure you're a peach in person also.

TBH, the few people that post on this forum are hardly representative of the entire Hawkeye fanbase.

Obviously these boards are only a small subset of the fan base, but they're the ones at games or parties telling everyone around that we're gonna screw it up. If you don't have something positive to offer, just shut the hell up or stay out of the thread. Is it that hard of a concept? And now this thread has been corrupted by the trolls that had to jump in and spread their bull like the cancers they have become. And you say it doesn't make a difference. Ha.

TBH, the few people that post on this forum are hardly representative of the entire Hawkeye fanbase.

All time biggest fallacy posted on message boards....

Yeah the few nutjobs you encounter on message boards are not indicative... but overwhelmingly the opinions I see expressed on this board reflect what I see when I'm at work, playing basketball or sitting at the bar.

Some of you can go on telling yourself its just the message boards if it makes you feel better though.

Optimism is good, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Latest posts