Lets talk some Iowa/Osu wrestling

WildTurkey

Wow. Big time dual coming up. With the winning streak on the line you couldn't ask for a much more exciting match up!

I hope to see Mcd a pin here. Big time dual and bonus we will need early!
Ramos will have a tall task. Oliver is top notch
Marion should win.
I feel pretty good about Kelly at 49. I expect a close match here.
Hopefully StJ is back. he could get bonus here.
Mike Evans should beat Dallas Bailey
Sounds like Chris Perry at 174. Which Lofthouse will show up?
I think Wagner can beat McNeil
Rosholt will wrestle for the Pokes and Gambrall will lose.
Telford and The Russian. Cant wait! Hopefully Telford shook off that loss to Trice. To me Telford has not disapointed so far. This match could decide the dual.

I think each team will get 5 wins. Could end in a tie again! Bonus points are huge..

What are your predictions?

No more ties starting this year.

Also want to put it out there as I just learned myself recently, that the dual has moved to Saturday night.

Tie breakers decided on most bonus points or what?
Why Sat Night?

I don't know the criteria order, but I believe the first one is bonus point wins.

Don't know why the change but let's just pretend it was to get it to prime-time and a sell-out.

The men's b-ball team plays Ohio State at 2pm. That might be the reason for the prime time dual. Possibly for BTN coverage also??

ramos and Oliver will be an interesting match. I'm not too down on his loss to carter, hes the strongest 133 ramos is going to wrestle and he can definitely win that match next time. everyone who thought ramos was too small for 133 could take a look at that.

18-15 Iowa. They got 2 studs and several young talented wrestlers. Awesome match up for our guys who looked pretty dam good at Midlands. OSU has always been tough as nails hats off to you lads but time to lose to Iowa again!
I see Minny has a tougher opponent. JMO this post
Go hawks!

Last edited:
I was there the last time OSU came to Carver and worked us. Our streak began after that meet. Oliver was jawing with the crowd - it was not a good feeling. We need to pound these guys. I feel good about our chances.

I was there the last time OSU came to Carver and worked us. Our streak began after that meet. Oliver was jawing with the crowd - it was not a good feeling. We need to pound these guys. I feel good about our chances.

That wasn't the same meet, (when Oliver, Meade, and Z all mocked the crowd) as Iowa won. The last loss was back when Perry was still wrestling.

That wasn't the same meet, (when Oliver, Meade, and Z all mocked the crowd) as Iowa won. The last loss was back when Perry was still wrestling.

Yeah and Perry came out an laid an egg. that's why we lost.

Also for those of you wondering about tiebreaker criteria, that is only used for dual tournaments. if it happens in a normal dual, it just goes down as a tie.

I just went to the Hawkeyesports website. It looks like Saturday night is a Black Out in Carver for the dual with Okie State.

It does also list IPTV as a television option.

TV: IPTV/btn.com

You are right! My bad. I was at both meets and they are apparently blending together. Yes, I remember Perry laying the egg. We also kind of laid on there last year with the tie.

Is StJ going to wrestle? or Is Nick Moore the guy? Moore wrestled some good matches at Midlands but obviously seems proned to getting pinned.

It looks like Moore will most likely wrestling at 157 this weekend. However, where this meet starts and how close it is could come into play and I would be surprised but not shocked to see St John against OSU.

Latest posts