Let's pick score Wisc./Nebby

I think this will be an Iowa/Wisky type game where two teams line up and play smash mouth football. NE typically has not seen this type of play in the Big 12 but will regularly see it in the Big 10.

Wisky 27 NE 21

There definitely will be a sea of red at this game.

Crick is back and somebody from the secondary as well, this should be enough to keep Nebby in it.

Cornhuskers get a look at a true dual threat QB.

Wisky 24 Nebby 10

My annual trip to GB this weekend, usually despise sitting in sports bars with Wisky fans...this year we are all cheering together!

Wisky wins 38-17.

Nebraska wins 38-24. Wisconsin shows they are not great on D and Nebraska that they are better than most Iowa fans hoped....

Cornhuskers get a look at a true dual threat QB.
Like Jake Locker, Tyrod Taylor, Colt McCoy, or Chase Daniel? Been there, done that.

No way does Nebraska slow down Wisconsin. Their D has been bad for a year and a half. Nebraska might be the most overrated team in the country. Really bad D, one dimensional O
Wisky 44 Nebraska 27
Our top 10 defenses from the past 2 years say hello. And those were in a conference that actually played offense.

I swear, either some people are either really stupid, or their unfounded hatred makes them talk out of their uninformed backsides.

My take:

Both teams are over rated, from what I have seen, neither is a top ten team. UW only turned the ball over 9 times last year, and only once or twice this year. Over the last year and a half, we put the ball on the turf about 3 times per game, we have just been lucky to get on top of most of them. This is where we will lose the game.

From what I have seen of Wisconsin, they lack speed on defense and have poor special teams. Our offensive speed and possibly special teams will get us some big plays, big scores. We will struggle to sustain drives against their defense. Our defense has been swiss-cheesy this year, tackling has been pathetic, and I don't expect it to be shored up in one week.

More than anything, home field advantage. A night game in Madison is a tough one to win, and will be too much for the Huskers.

UW 34 NU 23.

But we will win the rematch in the CCG, if we finish ahead of Meatchicken.

Last edited:
Like Jake Locker, Tyrod Taylor, Colt McCoy, or Chase Daniel? Been there, done that.

Our top 10 defenses from the past 2 years say hello. And those were in a conference that actually played offense.

I swear, either some people are either really stupid, or their unfounded hatred makes them talk out of their uninformed backsides.

My take:

Both teams are over rated, from what I have seen, neither is a top ten team. UW only turned the ball over 9 times last year, and only once or twice this year. Over the last year and a half, we put the ball on the turf about 3 times per game, we have just been lucky to get on top of most of them. This is where we will lose the game.

From what I have seen of Wisconsin, they lack speed on defense and have poor special teams. Our offensive speed and possibly special teams will get us some big plays, big scores. We will struggle to sustain drives against their defense. Our defense has been swiss-cheesy this year, tackling has been pathetic, and I don't expect it to be shored up in one week.

More than anything, home field advantage. A night game in Madison is a tough one to win, and will be too much for the Huskers.

UW 34 NU 23.

I would like to say that Nebraska is very over rated and that Michigan will not be in the hunt later in the year. They have done this before many many times...... oh and the offenses were padded because of the lack of defense. Your team has struggle a lot on d this year.

Wisconsin 31, Nebraska 27....... although I hate both teams i have to pull for Wisconsin in this one. Our division rival needs to lose.

Their QB cant throw. and they are extremely one dimensional.

My take:

UW 34 NU 23.

74- I agree with a lot of your prediction. Nebraska has the athletes on defense, but for some reason, they haven't looked good thus far.... and for the record, Dennard being back will help, but not the extent that Neb fans think.

I disagree on the QB part... every QB listed above beat Neb at some point. Wisc is a running team first, but with Wilson's ability to throw, they won't be able to sell out on the run. I expect a much closer game than what other Hawk fans think (or hope). Pelini always shows up in big games. He's won very few of them, but they are always close. Wisconsin on the other hand, doesn't seem to play well in big games.
I predict 34-30 Wisconsin. Their ability to run the ball between the tackles and mix in play action will be too much for Neb to pull this off.
Martinez will have a huge game against a slower Wisc defense, and run for over 150.

If I was Pelini, I'd run Burkhead ALL night long, and try to slow the game down, keep it close, and see what happens in the 4th qtr. Burkhead is Neb's only option if they want to sustain drives. They can't get by all year by being home run hitters.
Looking forward to watching this one, and I think their will probably be rematch of this one in December.

74- I agree with a lot of your prediction. Nebraska has the athletes on defense, but for some reason, they haven't looked good thus far.... and for the record, Dennard being back will help, but not the extent that Neb fans think.
I concur. Something is not right with our secondary this year. Not sure if it is because we lost 3 playmakers from last year, or because of our new secondary coach, or a combination of the two. Dennard didn't look to be 100% last week. I'm hoping I am wrong, but I don't think that just because we got Dennard and Crick back, it will somehow fix all of the defensive problems.

I disagree on the QB part... every QB listed above beat Neb at some point. Wisc is a running team first, but with Wilson's ability to throw, they won't be able to sell out on the run. I expect a much closer game than what other Hawk fans think (or hope). Pelini always shows up in big games. He's won very few of them, but they are always close. Wisconsin on the other hand, doesn't seem to play well in big games.
I didn't think about that, you are correct. With the exception of VaTech and Mizzou in 2008, our defense pretty much shut down these type of QB's the past 2 years. I think I was just disagreeing with the assertion that we haven't seen dual threat QB's. Heck, even Wyoming's QB from last week is thought of as a dual threat guy.

Interesting fact, I heard that UW is 4-7 against rated teams in the past 2 or 3 years, while NU is 5-7.

I predict 34-30 Wisconsin. Their ability to run the ball between the tackles and mix in play action will be too much for Neb to pull this off.

Martinez will have a huge game against a slower Wisc defense, and run for over 150.
It looks like we are pretty much on the same page here. I think that instead of their offensive line blowing our defense off of the ball, Wisconsin will gain yards because our defense has missed assignments and missed tackles this year.

If I was Pelini, I'd run Burkhead ALL night long, and try to slow the game down, keep it close, and see what happens in the 4th qtr. Burkhead is Neb's only option if they want to sustain drives. They can't get by all year by being home run hitters. Looking forward to watching this one, and I think their will probably be rematch of this one in December.
Agree again. The problem is, Burkhead got dinged up last week, but he still ran hard even after getting dinged. The guy may not be the big play threat that Helu was, but he is a damn fine football player.

My take:

UW 34 NU 23.

Typical Husker backer...talking past records. This game will played with your defense that has been less then stellar so far this year. Your offense that has no identity, mainly because your head coach is a D coordinator and not head coach material. You will lose your first game in the Big 10...it will be closer then most think because Wisconsin is untested. If Wisconsin runs the ball right at you it will be a long night for the skers.
I say Wisconsin gives you a dose of smash mouth football. Welcome to the Big Ten Wisconsin 34 - Nebraska 10

Typical Husker backer...talking past records.
What the hell are you talking about? So, to make a prediction, we are not supposed to use TRENDS from the past 2 or 3 years to make an educated guess?

Besides, don't you Hawk fans like to throw around how great you have been for the past ten years?

Your offense that has no identity, mainly because your head coach is a D coordinator and not head coach material.
You are clueless, ignorant. Not even worth a response.

You will lose your first game in the Big 10...it will be closer then most think because Wisconsin is untested. If Wisconsin runs the ball right at you it will be a long night for the skers.
I say Wisconsin gives you a dose of smash mouth football. Welcome to the Big Ten Wisconsin 34 - Nebraska 10
Do you even read what you wrote, or did you just have digital diarrhea all over your keyboard?
Closer than most think, then you predict a wider margin of victory than most?

Edit: You are the epitome of my previous statement- "I swear, either some people are either really stupid, or their unfounded hatred makes them talk out of their uninformed backsides."

Last edited:

My take:

UW 34 NU 23.

My post was a dig at Martinez's inability to throw the football, but since you called me stupid I am going to enjoy Nebby's 3 conference losses.:D

My post was a dig at Martinez's inability to throw the football, but since you called me stupid I am going to enjoy Nebby's 3 conference losses.:D
I guess I failed to read that in your post. It certainly looks like he has regressed in his throwing, I hope that he starts showing the form he had against OSU last year.

Who do you predict the 3 losses will be to, Wisconsin, and ???????

i've been thinking 34-21 wisky for some reason. i agree with 74 that i don't feel either team is a top 10 team at this point. wisky COULD be, but i'd like to see how they do against an opponent with a pulse before i say that. nebraska just hasn't been as good as advertised. the poor defense they have shown to this point surprises me. martinez can run and will make a few plays on the ground, but he will need to be able to make some plays with his arm to be successful in the B1G(see denard robinson).

unless nebraskas defense gets things figured out very soon, i see them being around a 500 ball club. when you couple a poor defense with a one dimensional offense, i just don't see championship contender(see michigan)

all the Nebby fans that i know are really talking big this week. i'd love to see Wisky blow them out and shut them up. i can't believe i'm going to be rooting for the Badgers. uggh.

i'd like to see: UW 41 - UN-L 6

my best guess: UW 27 - UN-L 20

I guess I failed to read that in your post. It certainly looks like he has regressed in his throwing, I hope that he starts showing the form he had against OSU last year.

Who do you predict the 3 losses will be to, Wisconsin, and ???????

The point about being a true dual threat QB......I guess I could have worded that differently, I slept through the writing composition course at community college.:)

Wisky, Michigan or OSU and Iowa of course.:)

Latest posts