Let's not get crazy, but...

MursenarySkum

If we're not here to dream why be here at all right? That being said if Iowa can beat Wisconsin, not crap the bed against Nebraska, and get some help with Michigan beating Wisconsin, we still have a shot at the BIG championship game. Thoughts? (Just don't be an A-hole;))

Ok, I did little-to-no research before posting, I guess we have to beat Purdue too, and get help with northwestern losing... Still dreaming

We have to win out, Wisky has to lose out, and NW has to lose 2 of 3 against Illinois, Purdue, and Minnesota. All of those scenarios happening at the same time are highly unlikely...albeit possible.

But if we can win out and then win a bowl game, we'll have done the following:

1. Win 10 games
2. Win a bowl game
3. Beat ISU, OSU, Wisky, and Neb in the same year.

By any measure, a HIGHLY successful season.

Just win out and hope. Wisky is not losing to a Minny so it’s too little too late. If we had just tipped that last damn pass vs psu...sigh

55 on OSU is worth its weight in gold...a win at Madison...Ft. Knox...

I believe we can do it. That game yesterday was beautifully masterpieced into a victory that goes well beyond words. This game will make our kids believers in themselves, and I hope it continues to resinate to our staff. I absolutely despise Wisconsin, so it should be a dog fight to the end.

We have to win out, Wisky has to lose out, and NW has to lose 2 of 3 against Illinois, Purdue, and Minnesota. All of those scenarios happening at the same time are highly unlikely...albeit possible.

But if we can win out and then win a bowl game, we'll have done the following:

1. Win 10 games
2. Win a bowl game
3. Beat ISU, OSU, Wisky, and Neb in the same year.

By any measure, a HIGHLY successful season.
I think if NW loses once and Iowa wins out, Wisconsin loses out, then all 3 would be tied at 6-3. Records would all be 1-1 against the other 2 teams so divisional record would be the next tiebreaker. Iowa would be 5-1 in division while Wisky and NW would be 4-2, so I think they would win that tiebreaker.

Not gonna happen but.....
giphy.gif

Yeah, going to Indy seems like a pipe dream, but my hope is that this could turn into a 2008 type season. Maybe this win will propel the team down the stretch the same way the PSU win in 08 did. Sometimes a team just needs to believe in itself, and yesterday's win will hopefully do that.

9-10 wins with a bowl victory.. Finish ranked.. I'd take it! We'll see. Gonna be interesting to see what happens in Madison.

I think if NW loses once and Iowa wins out, Wisconsin loses out, then all 3 would be tied at 6-3. Records would all be 1-1 against the other 2 teams so divisional record would be the next tiebreaker. Iowa would be 5-1 in division while Wisky and NW would be 4-2, so I think they would win that tiebreaker.

giphy.gif

This might be the scenario but I do not see Wisky losing out, if the hawks beat them they will win one of their other two at about a 90% probability. What you cant put into probability is injuries and the weather.

This is

giphy.gif
I now have a headache but I think this is right :) And as we know anything can happen. Northwestern is testing the football gods by winning three OT games in a row.

If we're not here to dream why be here at all right? That being said if Iowa can beat Wisconsin, not crap the bed against Nebraska, and get some help with Michigan beating Wisconsin, we still have a shot at the BIG championship game. Thoughts? (Just don't be an A-hole;))

Its a very long shot and guess who probably waiting for us? Ohio State