Lets just say....

brach700

KF went to one of the true elite teams. Does he win a NC with all the blue chippers they get?

If I had to bet I would say no. Like one of those people you see driving with their brake lights on all the time. Rarely lets off the brake and just taps the accelerator, then back on the brake pedal. Don't get in too much trouble that way but also dont go anywhere very fast.

If I had to bet I would say no. Like one of those people you see driving with their brake lights on all the time. Rarely lets off the brake and just taps the accelerator, then back on the brake pedal. Don't get in too much trouble that way but also dont go anywhere very fast.
very good way to put it.

Good analogy AIRHAWK.

I really haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that he can win when the expectations are heavily weighted towards WINNING. Our best seasons have been when we weren't really quite sure what we had...that wouldn't be the case at Elite U with 5 blue-chippers starting on both sides of the ball.

If Jim Tressel can win a NC, KF could win one. But one would be it (just like with Tressel) I could see his teams competing for one every year though.

If Jim Tressel can win a NC, KF could win one. But one would be it (just like with Tressel) I could see his teams competing for one every year though.

I can tell you one thing, if Ferentz hypothetically coached in the NFL and used these same defensive and offensive schemes he wouldn't last long. Playing 3 linebackers in a cover-2 zone without blitzing against NFL qb's would make for a long day. I remember Anthony Gonzalez stating that they lined him up in the slot against us to match him up against our linebackers and he ended up ripping us up that day. He said our defense was very predicatable.

I can tell you one thing, if Ferentz hypothetically coached in the NFL and used these same defensive and offensive schemes he wouldn't last long. Playing 3 linebackers in a cover-2 zone without blitzing against NFL qb's would make for a long day. I remember Anthony Gonzalez stating that they lined him up in the slot against us to match him up against our linebackers and he ended up ripping us up that day. He said our defense was very predicatable.

Bingo. I think the days of "KFz to the NFL" are passed...unless it's as an assistant.

You got that right. A whole lotta 9-7 seasons, and that's if he had good players.

Latest posts