Lets get some bowl talk whos going lets have a positive thread

AUSTIN77

Where is everybody going , when are you getting into town, Does anyone know if any of the bars that the Arizona I club are having events at allow children with adults. We are leaving with family on xmas eve staying at Wild Horse Resort Pass Resort. Anyone else staying there its in Chandler south side of town. Lets be positive its been a hard year lets end it on a upbeat. GO HAWKS

Hey Austin I'll join in here and say GO HAWKS! I'd like to see us play the younger guys a majority of the game and get them ready for next year. I'm fine with leaving Clayborn on the bench tending his dreadlocks so he won't endanger his draft status at the next level.

Family of 4 driving from Minnesota. Leaving the 25th and should arrive the 27th. I believe we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Tempe. It's about a mile from the stadium. We are excited for the game and hope to meet up with Hawkeye fans. It's one more chance to watch Hawkeye football!!

I'll be there with my wife and two kids. Our seventh bowl in a row! I'm still hoping to find a cheap flight (I know - keep hoping!). If not, we're leaving on the 26th and hope to be there late on the 27th or the morning of the 28th. We're staying at the Sheraton Four Points in Tempe.

Since the Cap One bowl we haven't missed one. Flying in on the 26th and out on the 29th. Staying at Wyndham Resorts downtown. Rail service right to the stadium.

Amen I too am getting tiered of the negativity. I can’t go because I don’t have the money have 4 kids and the oldest is getting ready to go to college. The one thing I want to do with my kids more than anything is take them to a bowl game someday. I have never been to one and would love to experience it for the first time with my family. My boys get on me all the time because I have never taken them to an Iowa game and they tell me all the time that they want to go it’s just hard to come up with the money. I hope a lot of Iowa fans make the trip and make it a home game but with all of the negativity surrounding the program right now I’m not sure it’s going to happen I really hope I’m wrong though.

To the people driving like from Minnisota you guys are crazy. That is one long a$$ drive and to do it in winter and that time of year is a toal crap shoot. My friends and I drove to 1st Oarange Bowl and got very lucky weather wise. We left from Bettendorf Iowa so basically had to get through ILL. Going to AZ you have a lot of snow, blizzard, and ice storm states.

Good luck to you....

We're staying at the Marriott at McDowell Mountains. We'll arrive the 26th and spend a week, with plans to golf and do some sightseeing. Go Hawks!

I wonder how many estimated iowa fans are going. With all the negative talk around this site, you would have to guess not very many

Keokuk1
next season mention this to me when your on here and I will tell you were we park you and your family are more than welcome to come to the motorhome lot and be part of our tailgate. Early games tickets are fairly easy to come by and even if you dont go to the game its great fun in the lot.

Wife and I are heading out Dec 26 to the 'mecca' (Las Vegas)!! Driving to the game and returning to Las Vegas before we come home Jan 2. Doing my 2 favorite past times in 1 week-Las Vegas and Iowa football. Can't beat that. GO HAWKS!!!!!

2 of us flying in to Tuscon on the 26th staying there and driving over the day of the game. fly out on 29th. Go Hawks!

Flying down with my wife, but also with my father, brother, uncle who are Mizzou fans. Uggh. Staying at Biltmore Hotel. Their idea, but I'm happy to go. I'm thinking we get around 10,000 travelers, and about 10,000 locals, and will have about 20,000 in the stadium. I'm just guessing. Too high?

I think that is a little high for travelers. A lot of people went down for the Arizona game and it left a bad taste in their mouth for that state.

I've had a bad taste in my mouth since 2004 when he got butchered by ASU, but didn't stop me from going to AZ game this year, where I got another bad taste in my mouth. But you know what, headed back in two weeks again. If I get another bad taste in my mouth, oh well, at least it's in 80 degree weather!

Flying into Vegas on 27th and driving down. We are staying at my folks place about
5 min from University of Phoenix Stadium (would be nice to play there in Fiesta some day)!

Great place for drinks is the James Hotel in Scottsdale. Last time I was there with buddies we had drinks with Wayne and Janet Gretzky! Dominic Raiola, Center for Detroit Lions bought several bottles of Patron and gave everyone in bar shot! Great times!!

Go Hawks!!

Latest posts