Let this stat sink in for a bit......

since the start of the 2017 conference schedule, and counting only conference games thru yesterday, BF and NS have amassed 12 conference wins against teams with a combined conference record of.................27-69.

A winning percentage of 28%, of teams we’ve beaten in conference since the start of 2017. If that doesn’t speak to abysmal, what does? NS becomes starter, BF moved into the OC position in 2017. The program is legitimately in a free fall that is masked by 4 cupcakes in the non conference.

I've stepped away.

Gary and the President of the University have decided that 7 wins is the threshold. That's the bonus line. So It is what it is.

I'd like to believe that my musings and insights here matter ...that somehow Kirk or Gary will read what I've written, they'll have a moment of clarity ... an epiphany if you will and they will change. Turns out that I'm not that important.

since the start of the 2017 conference schedule, and counting only conference games thru yesterday, BF and NS have amassed 12 conference wins against teams with a combined conference record of.................27-69.

A winning percentage of 28%, of teams we’ve beaten in conference since the start of 2017. If that doesn’t speak to abysmal, what does? NS becomes starter, BF moved into the OC position in 2017. The program is legitimately in a free fall that is masked by 4 cupcakes in the non conference.

You may want to look at a few of those losses and see if maybe, just maybe it wasn't NS and BF's fault. Maybe like Northwestern last year with the two fumbles at the end or Wisconsin last year with turnovers. But when one has an agenda we paint with a monster brush.

what is broke and needs fixed is the RUN game. Who or what that is on I do not know. If it is scheme then it is KIRK. I have not seen anything definitive on the run game that states exactly what is broken, but that is on the HEAD COACH to do.

You may want to look at a few of those losses and see if maybe, just maybe it wasn't NS and BF's fault. Maybe like Northwestern last year with the two fumbles at the end or Wisconsin last year with turnovers. But when one has an agenda we paint with a monster brush.

what is broke and needs fixed is the RUN game. Who or what that is on I do not know. If it is scheme then it is KIRK. I have not seen anything definitive on the run game that states exactly what is broken, but that is on the HEAD COACH to do.

this is about as stupid as it gets. Turnovers are part of the game last I checked. More than likely, a couple, if not more, of NS/BF wins can be attributed to the opponent, with an average win % of 28 in conference, turning the ball over. Under your logic, those wins should be dismissed. Try again #apologist

Here's a stat; Iowa goes into the Wisconsin game with the same game plan 5 times and loses. So what do they do? They go into the Wisconsin game with the same game plan again!

Last edited:

You know when the run game started going south? When BF was named Run Game Coordinator.

I know many of you wonder why 4 and 5 star linemen aren't knocking down our door constantly to sign up. Why can't Kirk get those 5 star O linemen?

It's easy to blame the offensive line. Granted they deserve their share of the blame, but it's not only them. It's the game plan. Iowa went to Wisconsin with the same game plan they play every week.

And to be fair, Wisconsin plays the same game plan almost ever week. Game plans work when your team matches up or exceeds the level of player on the other side of the ball. Wisconsin dominates Iowa on the LOS. In Saturday's game, Wisconsin came out rusty, had a lot of early penalties. And then in the second quarter they settled down and started playing their game. Run the ball, wear out the defense. Iowa had no answer for their running offense. They put Iowa's defense on it's heals. And instead of changing the game plan Iowa came out from half time and tried to continue with the conservative approach.

One of the problems with this coaching staff (not naming name. cough cough) is that they don't want to take chances. If your team can't match up with the opposing team, it's time to take chances. You were going to lose anyway, you proved your conservative plan didn't work 5 times before. Take a chance!

But you’ll hear guys here say how non-cons are just as important as conference games, and how beating horrid ISU teams compensates for losing to Penn State and Wisconsin perennially.

Because non-con wins add to perception and AP ranking, and AP ranking is most important to recruits (which is a garbage take).

i'd be okay with 0-3 every non con and winning the west every season and a chance to win the B1G.

What did he say that wasn't a fact?
He defends KF and the status quo at all costs. Typical bootlicker. How anyone can defend the shit show we have for an offense, or program for that matter is beyond comprehension. We are irrelevant in a very weak division year in and year out.

He defends KF and the status quo at all costs. Typical bootlicker. How anyone can defend the shit show we have for an offense, or program for that matter is beyond comprehension. We are irrelevant in a very weak division year in and year out.
I was sticking up for Iceman's comment which I took to mean he didn't support ferentz at all. Believe me, I wanted him gone in 2006!

Latest posts