Let this sink in for a minute....

Honestly, losing 4 games with the '08 team may be the worst indictment of them all. That team was stacked.

All one score games.

One of them to a really bad Illinois team that finished 5-7.

A one point loss at Pitt when Kirk played JC over Stanzi for the entire 2nd half.

Home loss to NW when we had like 5 TOs and ended up with first-and-goal from the 8 in the last minute of the game.

3 point loss at MSU when our all-world RB was stoned on a 4th-and-1. Kirk twice passed on potential game tying FGs from less than 40 yards to go for it on 4th downs in the 2nd half.

Absolutely criminal how that team underachieved.

Last edited:
Help me out, but wasn't the play before that where the Wisconsin QB was about to get sacked and just winged it up and it was caught, making it 4th and much shorter. If Iowa sacks him, it's 4th and very long deep in Iowa territory, and there's probably no way the Badgers try the fake punt at that point. Also, don't forget the Hawks had Wiscy in a 4th and about 4 later in that same drive and couldn't stop them then either. A lot of bad stuff happened on that drive. A lot of bad stuff.

Yes, there was a lot of bad stuff. We learned that Montee Ball could score a touchdown carrying four Hawks for five yards, seemingly in slow motion.

Pretty eye opening stats, Spider. Iowa has been basically a .500 program the past 4+ years, and I'm unhappy enough about that as it is.

The thing that ticks me off more than anything is the 1-3 against ISU (7-9 in KF's entire tenure). How are you going to succeed in the Big Ten when you haven't even been the #1 team in your own state?

Even if you assume that Iowa has still been the better program regardless of the head to head results against ISU, then KF's record in that rivalry becomes that much more perplexing. Unacceptable.

You do not have to assume that Iowa has still been the better program in that era. They HAVE BEEN.
In those sixteen years, Iowa has finished in the top 8 in the country, four times and had bowl wins against Missouri, Texas Tech, LSU, Florida, South Carolina and Georgia Tech.

ISU has NEVER in their history finished in the top 8.
I believe they have 3 bowl wins in their entire football playing history.
ISU has beaten Iowa a number of times in the Ferentz era but there still is no comparison between the programs. The ISU program sucks, always has and always will. Ferentz will continue to coach a style of football that will allow his teams to compete with anyone. Unfortunately, that style also is the reason teams like ISU and the MAC teams are beating Iowa.

Pretty eye opening stats, Spider. Iowa has been basically a .500 program the past 4+ years, and I'm unhappy enough about that as it is.

The thing that ticks me off more than anything is the 1-3 against ISU (7-9 in KF's entire tenure). How are you going to succeed in the Big Ten when you haven't even been the #1 team in your own state?

Even if you assume that Iowa has still been the better program regardless of the head to head results against ISU, then KF's record in that rivalry becomes that much more perplexing. Unacceptable.

You do not have to assume that Iowa has still been the better program in that era. They HAVE BEEN.
In those sixteen years, Iowa has finished in the top 8 in the country, four times and had bowl wins against Missouri, Texas Tech, LSU, Florida, South Carolina and Georgia Tech.

ISU has NEVER in their history finished in the top 8.
I believe they have 3 bowl wins in their entire football playing history.
ISU has beaten Iowa a number of times in the Ferentz era but there still is no comparison between the programs. The ISU program sucks, always has and always will. Ferentz will continue to coach a style of football that will allow his teams to compete with anyone. Unfortunately, that style also is the reason teams like ISU and the MAC teams are beating Iowa.

Help me out, but wasn't the play before that where the Wisconsin QB was about to get sacked and just winged it up and it was caught, making it 4th and much shorter. If Iowa sacks him, it's 4th and very long deep in Iowa territory, and there's probably no way the Badgers try the fake punt at that point. Also, don't forget the Hawks had Wiscy in a 4th and about 4 later in that same drive and couldn't stop them then either. A lot of bad stuff happened on that drive. A lot of bad stuff.

Yes....Tolzien was buried and threw up a prayer that made that fake even possible the next down. Killer.

Latest posts