Let the McCabe thing go - not like Luke Witte at Minny or ...

uihawk82

Even the latest New Mex St vs Utah St rumble.

Luke Witte got brutally attacked on court at Minny a long time ago but McCabe lost his cool in what is minor compared to other things.

McCabe did let the 'thing' go. The 'thing' was a little grinning punk that wanted to stay in his face. Similar to the throat slash move that an MSU player made about 8 years ago IIRC.

Agreed. It needs to be moved on from and Fran neess to find a way to get past everything and get a win on Sat. 4th place would still be huge and get the team ready for the postseason.
Mccabe needs to chill out and move on. He is making some really poor decisions and making himself look worse and worse. Just get back to playing hoops.

Even the latest New Mex St vs Utah St rumble.

Luke Witte got brutally attacked on court at Minny a long time ago but McCabe lost his cool in what is minor compared to other things.

Was this like Auburn Hills? Of course not. But the lack of composure, especially after the whole Twitter incident, is more serious than the cut on Trice's wrist or McCabe's technical in and of themselves. You simply can't do that.

We need to seriously stop defending McCabe for his current meltdown status. I get that Jon doesn't want people bashing players and hurting recruiting but what happened tonight was silly - and its a distraction to the team.

But maybe its a good thing to distract us away from the total lack of defense this team has taken heart to.

McCabe made a stupid mistake. One he'll likely regret for a long time.
I respectfully disagree. After his twitter misunderstanding, kid should be on his best behavior. Stopping play last night for that kind of action has no place in basketball, I would hope even more so on the hawkeyes. Few others might have noticed that the little 11 year old boy that had his pic taken with Dev before the game started was sitting right behind our bench when that happened, and what an example to make for him. It is disheartening than Fran condones that behavior. I defended zach through all up until now, but that look on his face when the camera zoomed in on him last night says it all. He may have worked hard to get where he is at in a hawk uniform, but what a way to end a career.

I respectfully disagree. After his twitter misunderstanding, kid should be on his best behavior. Stopping play last night for that kind of action has no place in basketball, I would hope even more so on the hawkeyes. Few others might have noticed that the little 11 year old boy that had his pic taken with Dev before the game started was sitting right behind our bench when that happened, and what an example to make for him. It is disheartening than Fran condones that behavior. I defended zach through all up until now, but that look on his face when the camera zoomed in on him last night says it all. He may have worked hard to get where he is at in a hawk uniform, but what a way to end a career.

You said you respectfully disagree, but didn't you just say what Jon Miller said with a lot more words?

Didn't you just say what Jon Miller said but in a lot more words?
Thanks for pointing that out. What I failed to point out in my rant is that I don't think zach regrets anything. That kind of garbage witnessed last night just keeps occurring for zach.

Thanks for pointing that out. What I failed to point out in my rant is that I don't think zach regrets anything. That kind of garbage witnessed last night just keeps occurring for zach.

Got it. That makes sense.

I have no idea if he'll regret it or not, but I'll add this for the record. I've watched and re-watched the video several times. Also had someone who had not seen it originally and didn't even know about it watch. His conclusion was the same as mine. McCabe had his arm flexed holding on to Trice. Although we both felt Trice could have gotten out of it. However, McCabe had his arm flexed, lifted his leg up and threw Trice down backwards.

Those on HN defending McCabe are wrong plain and simple. Even of Trice was doing something to get under McCabe's skin, you still don't have someone in an arm lock, lift your leg, trip them while throwing them down backwards. That's the biggest thug move of the night I saw.

If the conference doesn't suspend McCabe for at least 1 game, that will just confirm everything we perceive the so-called leaders of this conference to be.

I'll put it this way. Had a player from any school done this to one of the Hawks many on here would be screaming for a suspension. It's a two-way street.

Got it. That makes sense.

I have no idea if he'll regret it or not, but I'll add this for the record. I've watched and re-watched the video several times. Also had someone who had not seen it originally and didn't even know about it watch. His conclusion was the same as mine. McCabe had his arm flexed holding on to Trice. Although we both felt Trice could have gotten out of it. However, McCabe had his arm flexed, lifted his leg up and threw Trice down backwards.

Those on HN defending McCabe are wrong plain and simple. Even of Trice was doing something to get under McCabe's skin, you still don't have someone in an arm lock, lift your leg, trip them while throwing them down backwards. That's the biggest thug move of the night I saw.

If the conference doesn't suspend McCabe for at least 1 game, that will just confirm everything we perceive the so-called leaders of this conference to be.

I'll put it this way. Had a player from any school done this to one of the Hawks many on here would be screaming for a suspension. It's a two-way street.

Why didn't Trice move his arm. Do you really want McCabe to get a suspension for the game at Carver Sunday against Illinois, a game we simply must win. That really seems very strange to me. I really don't understand where you are coming from on that one. Trice asked for it and he got it. That is how he plays and he paid for it.....

It was a bitter hard fought game where the refs were letting the Spartans manhandle us without calling a foul. It is on Trice, simply should have removed his arm preventing Zach from going downcourt on D.....

I personally will not see it any other way. People seem to criticize the Hawks for being pushed around and being a Weak team that gets beat up every game, and a Hawk strikes back against a player who is famous for being a nasty and extremely irritating.....

Which way do you want it. We know what Trice wanted and he got it.....

I agree with Trice starting the garbage and paying for it.....

Game's over, Illinois up next. That's what is happening......

It's all been said. Let it go.....

Can we just agree that the little punk deserved to be thrown down and Zach shouldn't have done it? lol

Why didn't Trice move his arm. Do you really want McCabe to get a suspension for the game at Carver Sunday against Illinois, a game we simply must win. That really seems very strange to me. I really don't understand where you are coming from on that one. Trice asked for it and he got it. That is how he plays and he paid for it.....

It was a bitter hard fought game where the refs were letting the Spartans manhandle us without calling a foul. It is on Trice, simply should have removed his arm preventing Zach from going downcourt on D.....

I personally will not see it any other way. People seem to criticize the Hawks for being pushed around and being a Weak team that gets beat up every game, and a Hawk strikes back against a player who is famous for being a nasty and extremely irritating.....

Sorry. We'll agree to disagree.

And yes, McCabe should miss the Illinois game senior day and all. Don't think he will as the conference doesn't have the gonads to due anything. As for Trice he may or may not have asked for it. The jury is out on that from my perspective. If he did ask for it does that mean McCabe should stoop to his level and lower?

I just feel the whole McCabe thing has become a cancer to this team. I wish I didn't feel this way but I do.

Why didn't Trice move his arm.

Why didn't McCabe relax the flexed arm he had on Trice? Again, this was a two way street. McCabe could have taken the high road in this instance and didn't. What a shame. His Iowa career will be remembered for the twitter episode and the Trice thing. It could have been prevented if McCabe acted like a senior leader. He didn't and he'll live with the consequences for a while.

They won't suspend him...but yeah...for actions like that...I don't think it matters...the culture of "WE MUST WIN" teaches these athletes they don't have to be accountable for their actions...If it meant a loss for an Iowa team...so be it.

Now any casual CBB fan watching that national game last night...thinks that's the kind of sportsmanship Iowa has...These kids may be young, but they are representing a university...(and realistically an entire state since the U of I is the state's flagship school).

Maybe the U will just susp mccabe for rest of season? That would at least take him out of the picture.

McCabe's behavior is a reflection of the head coach. Which really explains a lot when you consider who gets playing time and who doesn't. I find both Fran's and McCabe's behavior embarrassing. Great leaders lead by example. It's a joke. One that we will be watching for years to come.

Latest posts