Lester "McNamara's best game"

longtimer

11-19 for 62 yards against a mediocre Minnesota team. A 6th year player In his 4th game against mediocre to low level competition. Really He had a a sack for 13 yards in the first half with completions total of 16. Burned it up in the second half with 49 yards!! Has he thrown a completion over 15 yards? Probably but not many

I wish he was going to turn on a switch and become a "serviceable " QB but I just don't see it happening. He just isn't good poor arm strength, decision making, picking out open receivers, and mobility seem to be holding him back

Hope i am wrong and I would like to hear from posters thinking the other way, but I fear an Ohio State disaster is coming for Cade

He's stung together a couple of really good halfs where he completed really high percentages, so maybe he does have it in him? That's all I got. I tried.

Two things can be true at once. McNamara can have a statistically shallow game and optically to us not do much of anything. But, he did no harm. And, perhaps Lester can see an evolution in reads, footwork, instinct, etc. that we just cannot perceive. This Summer, most of us predicted the offense would be a work in progress. The QB is the most intricate part of the offense, so while we may not be seeing it, I hope Lester is actually seeing improvement and not just blowing smoke.

Also, also, part of Lester's job is psychotherapist. CM needs to believe that his coach believes in him, whether fully deserved or not.

Time will tell.

Also, also, part of Lester's job is psychotherapist. CM needs to believe that his coach believes in him, whether fully deserved or not.
I was wondering about this part. Even if Lester isn't satisfied, he has to talk up CM a bunch to get him to buy in fully every game and not get down on himself.

not trying to be an apologist but if you don't have receivers doesn't matter how good your QB is throwing the ball. Also just because guys are open down field doesn't mean they are the first read, could be there to block or to run off defenders.

Having said that I do think he's 100% starting because of loyalty not talent

Two things can be true at once. McNamara can have a statistically shallow game and optically to us not do much of anything. But, he did no harm. And, perhaps Lester can see an evolution in reads, footwork, instinct, etc. that we just cannot perceive. This Summer, most of us predicted the offense would be a work in progress. The QB is the most intricate part of the offense, so while we may not be seeing it, I hope Lester is actually seeing improvement and not just blowing smoke.

Time will tell.
I tend to agree with you. Although we'd all love a better passing game, our QB1 threw no picks, and we had one penalty the entire game. We ended up pounding Minnesota. Minnesota had a decent thrower, but he threw two picks.

McNamara hasn't really played in a couple of years. My only hope is that he gets a bit better each week. I'm really encouraged with the line play, so who knows?

Time will tell.
This. If the statement came from either KF or BF I would’ve rolled my eyes. Lester was a very successful QB himself who played at a high level. Until proven otherwise I’m going to trust what he says even though my ignorant couch watching fan eyes tell me otherwise. I very much like what we’ve seen thus far from Lester’s offense. I think a vertical passing attack well come but TBD.

Latest posts