Lemming: tOSU could have No. 1 recruiting class

OK, so the lesson we learn at Iowa is that it's basically OK to let car salesmen do your recruiting for you?

So can anyone get a hold of Whitedog Auto and/or Des Moines Auto Imports? Bet they could snag some burners for us who can catch footballs....

OSU is one of the sweetheart schools of the NCAA. They are afraid of really punishing cheaters so they slap their hand and tell them, "Next time you will really get it," knowing all along that they could really care whether some of these schools cheat or not. The NCAA is just a show...and not a very good one at that.

Maybe then OSU will be able to compete with SEC and win something, I'm not betting on it though.

No one really is competing with the SEC although I think USC can win it all this year. As for "winning something" that '02 NC trophy looks pretty good in the WHAC. I'll take one of those a decade and be happy.

This is egg all over the NCAA's face. The sole goal of sanctions should be to hurt recruiting, which is the lifeblood of any program. A 1 year bowl ban does absolutely NOTHING because most of this year's recruits with redshirt or play sparingly anyway. Its a very
easy concept, to curb cheating there needs to be HARSH, DRACONIAN, penalties, not slaps on the wrist. Ohio State should thank the NCAA for this investigation as they are actually benefitting from it.
It would be interesting if the 1 year ban was in 2 or 3 years, instead of the following year. I bet that would make recruits question their decision more, because that would effect them more directly.If this was done, it would punish the
school more than the players...[
/QUOTE]

this concept has some strong merit behind it. why don't they do that? said corruption I'd guess.

Look for tOSU to return to big time prominence quickly under Meyer. It will be difficult for other B1G coaches to compete

OSU won 6 straight Big Ten titles and went to 3 national title games under Tressel, winning 1 of them. Someone correct my stats, going from memory. Regardless, he was ridiculously successful.

I don't know how much more successful Meyer is going to be. As far as I'm concerned, there isn't a reason to fear OSU any more than we have been doing the last 10 years. That program is a perennial contender and Meyer now has the monumental task of maintaining that status. If he brings in great recruiting classes and contends for conference and national titles each year, what exactly is different than when Tressel was still the coach?

No one really is competing with the SEC although I think USC can win it all this year. As for "winning something" that '02 NC trophy looks pretty good in the WHAC. I'll take one of those a decade and be happy.

Yeah, I'd too be happy with a tainted NC. Fits nicely with your cheating institution.

Maybe then OSU will be able to compete with SEC and win something, I'm not betting on it though.

I am curious of what your opinion is on the rumor about Urban wanting out of the SEC because of what needed to be done on the recruiting front to compete in the conference? Any truth to that or overall thought?

To the others hating on OSU like it or not, a strong OSU is good for the B1G and Iowa in the long run.

I am curious of what your opinion is on the rumor about Urban wanting out of the SEC because of what needed to be done on the recruiting front to compete in the conference? Any truth to that or overall thought?

To the others hating on OSU like it or not, a strong OSU is good for the B1G and Iowa in the long run.

Its not really a rumor, Urban has alluded to as much without finger pointing. He never believed in oversigning and hiding kids in prep school like LSU, Alabama, etc. Throw in Auburn buying kids like Cam Newton and I think he got fed up. Recruiting in the SEC and recruiting in the B10 aren't even the same thing. I'm not saying Urban is a saint by any means but the SEC is just so dirty...

It is strange how schools that have been in trouble with the NCAA recently still manage to pull off impressive recruiting classes. Look at USC, they still have a top recruiting class and they can only give 15 scholarships.

HS seniors just want to play for a winner, they could care less what has happened in the past.

It makes me puke to say this, but they will be dominant within 2 seasons. I guess the only positive thing about that is someone from the B1G can kick *** against the SEC. As bad as I hate OSU, rather see them win NC's as Alabama or LSU.

Looking like one of his recruits may not make it to campus...

MGoFootball MikePweav

RT @Matt_NBC4: OSU commit Roger Lewis Jr. has been charged with 2 counts of rape. It's been a nearly amonth-long investigation

He wasnt an OSU commit anymore. Lewis decommited a week ago when OSU told him he couldn't get past admissions. He didn't want to go the prep school route and was considering Ohio U and BG.

OSU won 6 straight Big Ten titles and went to 3 national title games under Tressel, winning 1 of them. Someone correct my stats, going from memory. Regardless, he was ridiculously successful.

I don't know how much more successful Meyer is going to be. As far as I'm concerned, there isn't a reason to fear OSU any more than we have been doing the last 10 years. That program is a perennial contender and Meyer now has the monumental task of maintaining that status. If he brings in great recruiting classes and contends for conference and national titles each year, what exactly is different than when Tressel was still the coach?

The more things change the more they remain the same. I'm just glad the Hawks aren't in their division.

Looking like one of his recruits may not make it to campus...

MGoFootball MikePweav

RT @Matt_NBC4: OSU commit Roger Lewis Jr. has been charged with 2 counts of rape. It's been a nearly amonth-long investigation
Sounds like OSU...;)

In all seriousness, who wouldn't want to play for Urban Meyer? The guy wins wherever he goes. Period. It shouldn't surprise anyone that he's recruited a phenomenal class thus far, especially up front defensively.

Braxton will be fine...Urban will put him in a position to succeed and play to Braxton's strengths. OSU's OL was a great run blocking unit but were average or worse pass blocking. Looking at next years schedule there are 3 losses max IMO.

It doesnt matter what you do next year. You can't compete for the NC, nor the B1G championship, or a BCS game or even a Jan 1st game. What you do next year does not matter. So back to my point, after 3 straight disappointing seasons IE: Last year 6-7, next year doesn't matter followed by the loss of that OLine into the year after that. The Meyer buzz will cool down.

It doesnt matter what you do next year. You can't compete for the NC, nor the B1G championship, or a BCS game or even a Jan 1st game. What you do next year does not matter. So back to my point, after 3 straight disappointing seasons IE: Last year 6-7, next year doesn't matter followed by the loss of that OLine into the year after that. The Meyer buzz will cool down.

Next year matters a lot actually. And 3 of the 5 OL from this yr graduated so this OL gone thing is incorrect. Next yr will be the yr of growth leading to a run at the title in '13. Hoping the Urban buzz will cool down is wishful thinking at best.

While Urban's success could make it tough for Iowa it is nice to see a coach come in who can help elevate the conference. Personally, I am tired of the SEC schools notching all of the top recruits and competing for the national title.

Any positive exposure for the conference is a win-win for all of the teams involved.

Latest posts