Lemming: tOSU could have No. 1 recruiting class

tweeterhawk

As Iowa has learned the hard way, having a highly-ranked recruiting class is not a guarantee of success. But it frequently helps. Look for tOSU to return to big time prominence quickly under Meyer. It will be difficult for other B1G coaches to compete.

Dennis Dodd tweet:
dennisdoddcbs
Just talked to Tom Lemming. Says there's a chance Ohio State could finish No. 1 overall (in recruiting). Also kind of torn on DGB

dennisdoddcbs Dennis Dodd
Ohio State can't get any better turnovers next season than Urban has caused flipping Penn State and ND recruits.

This is egg all over the NCAA's face. The sole goal of sanctions should be to hurt recruiting, which is the lifeblood of any program. A 1 year bowl ban does absolutely NOTHING because most of this year's recruits with redshirt or play sparingly anyway. Its a very easy concept, to curb cheating there needs to be HARSH, DRACONIAN, penalties, not slaps on the wrist. Ohio State should thank the NCAA for this investigation as they are actually benefitting from it.

This is egg all over the NCAA's face. The sole goal of sanctions should be to hurt recruiting, which is the lifeblood of any program. A 1 year bowl ban does absolutely NOTHING because most of this year's recruits with redshirt or play sparingly anyway. Its a very easy concept, to curb cheating there needs to be HARSH, DRACONIAN, penalties, not slaps on the wrist. Ohio State should thank the NCAA for this investigation as they are actually benefitting from it.

It needs to be 4 year sanctions. Period. loss of scholarships and bowl ban for four years.

Just as their punishment was a joke, so is the NCAA. You have to know now that the NCAA is as corrupt as the programs they allow to cheat and get away with it. They were bought off IMO!

As Iowa has learned the hard way, having a highly-ranked recruiting class is not a guarantee of success. But it frequently helps. Look for tOSU to return to big time prominence quickly under Meyer. It will be difficult for other B1G coaches to compete.Dennis Dodd tweet:dennisdoddcbs Just talked to Tom Lemming. Says there's a chance Ohio State could finish No. 1 overall (in recruiting). Also kind of torn on DGB

The 2013 class will be even better....have two 5* stars committed already and 3-4 more committing soon...

It would be interesting if the 1 year ban was in 2 or 3 years, instead of the following year. I bet that would make recruits question their decision more, because that would effect them more directly.

If this was done, it would punish the school more than the players...

Just as their punishment was a joke, so is the NCAA. You have to know now that the NCAA is as corrupt as the programs they allow to cheat and get away with it. They were bought off IMO!

I agree and it will be interesting to see if the NCAA has a bigger eye on Meyer and Ohio State in the future. I think the guy is a used car salesman and I am curious to see once his luck starts to go down hill with the recruits that he promised the world to and will under-deliver and when he loses to Michigan how long his stay will be in Columbus. I don't feel his "health issues" will be too far behind.

I think the most angry people should be USC. Look what happened to them and to see what is going on in Columbus is just a joke. I give Meyer 4 years before he starts to look elsewhere.

Bottom line: Ohio State gets chance to dump a pretty good coach and hire the one guy who beat him twice in the last six national championship games. To ease the pain of its "punishment," the NCAA allows the new guy to temporarily have an extra coach on staff to aid the transition and pick up the recruiting.

It appears to have worked exactly as planned.

The NCAA is a joke.

I agree and it will be interesting to see if the NCAA has a bigger eye on Meyer and Ohio State in the future. I think the guy is a used car salesman and I am curious to see once his luck starts to go down hill with the recruits that he promised the world to and will under-deliver and when he loses to Michigan how long his stay will be in Columbus. I don't feel his "health issues" will be too far behind.

I think the most angry people should be USC. Look what happened to them and to see what is going on in Columbus is just a joke. I give Meyer 4 years before he starts to look elsewhere.

The blood begins to thin out when you spend so much time in the sunshine. Columbus gets cold in the winter. Look for him to return to the South or head to the West Coast.

Face it people, money buys better players. Players also want to play for coaches that they can relate with and that have an outgoing personality.

Face it people, money buys better players. Players also want to play for coaches that they can relate with and that have an outgoing personality.

There it is..it took a little while but we linked recruiting to columbus and THE Ohio State with coaching personalities and being able to "Relate" to the kids these days. Love it......

I suppose if OSU costs us something I would sing a different tune, but having a dominant team from the Big Ten isn't terrible. Big Ten gets back some respect.

Also if Meyer recruits nationally, we might be able to pull some quality kids out of Ohio.

Well I'm glad Dennis Dodd isn't touching little boys while writing spew articles on Iowa.

2nd Lemming is a B1G push over. Of course he's going to say that, he loves the Midwest. But honestly look at Alabamas recruiting class, 2 safeties in the top 5 with 2 corners in the top 10....... list goes on.

Let's just hope Braxton Miller is a bust. They were only good this past year cause of that dominate OLine. Next year means nothing than they've lost pretty much everyone of that line. That OLine was so amazing that they'd pass 5 times in one game. Get rid of the dominate OLine and we'll see Millers true colors. OSU is going to have 3 straight disappointing season than the Meyer Glamour will wear off.

Well I'm glad Dennis Dodd isn't touching little boys while writing spew articles on Iowa.

2nd Lemming is a B1G push over. Of course he's going to say that, he loves the Midwest. But honestly look at Alabamas recruiting class, 2 safeties in the top 5 with 2 corners in the top 10....... list goes on.

Let's just hope Braxton Miller is a bust. They were only good this past year cause of that dominate OLine. Next year means nothing than they've lost pretty much everyone of that line. That OLine was so amazing that they'd pass 5 times in one game. Get rid of the dominate OLine and we'll see Millers true colors. OSU is going to have 3 straight disappointing season than the Meyer Glamour will wear off.

Braxton will be fine...Urban will put him in a position to succeed and play to Braxton's strengths. OSU's OL was a great run blocking unit but were average or worse pass blocking. Looking at next years schedule there are 3 losses max IMO.

Latest posts