Legitimate SEC question

kicker22

As many of you know I believe that the SEC is a good conference but not the almighty that many believe them to be. So my question is this. If Texas A&M and Missouri were to come in to the "almighty SEC" and either win or come considerably close to making a claim to the SEC championship, would that reflect negatively on the image of the SEC being "all high and mighty". Or would it hurt that image since it would essentially be two middle of the pack former Big 12 schools taking the conference by storm?

Honest question not looking to flame but interested to see what others think.

Well, we won't ever find out because those two schools will struggle this year in that conference.

Of course it would hurt the image. However both those teams will probably be around .500 at best in conference play.

It would hurt the image, but being and A&M fan and watching last year's team continue to play this season by not being able to score in the 2nd half, it won't happen. The other thing is that A&M hasn't beaten an SEC team in the last 10 or 12 times then they join and history continues to repeat itself. My guess is they don't win a conference game based on that...and the Iowa fans think they have it bad.
Missouri is a better team, but their DT popped off and now they have a target, so if they even contend in that division I give them credit, but they just got kicked by a team that would finish no better than 3rd in Mizzou's division.

FYI: I absolutely hate the SEC and how their football programs conduct themselves and the NCAA does nothing about them. When A&M moved to the SEC, I seriously considered changing teams, but can't in the end.

Wouldn't hurt. Just have to hear about the almighty Big 12 (-2). Would suck more than it does now.

Last edited:
Never have, never will, give a **** about the SEC. Big Ten is all we have to worry about. Be a force in our conference and the rest will take care of itself.

Latest posts