Leaving free-throw line

I think it is dumb for this reason. I don't think a guy should be able to jump across the line and shoot it, they should have to release it before crossing the line. Now why I think that would be a good rule is that it does give an advantage to the free throw shooter. You don't want a guy on the line don't foul him.

Also, if you think it would work everytime that is also ridiculous, it won't work everytime. Just my thoughts.

We need more plays like this on free throws. Can't believe nobody bothers to try it anymore.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ziQNSETe4"]Michael Jordan - 6 MISSED FREE THROW PUTBACK DUNKS (Compilation) - YouTube[/ame]

In the NBA guys step over the line almost every time they shoot a free throw. Shaq did it on just about every free throw he ever shot, including every one of the lucky 10 or however many it was he hit in that infamous comeback against the Kings in the Western Conference final.

In the NBA guys step over the line almost every time they shoot a free throw. Shaq did it on just about every free throw he ever shot, including every one of the lucky 10 or however many it was he hit in that infamous comeback against the Kings in the Western Conference final.

What does the officiating in NBA have to do with the officiating in NCAA basketball?

I think it is dumb for this reason. I don't think a guy should be able to jump across the line and shoot it, they should have to release it before crossing the line. Now why I think that would be a good rule is that it does give an advantage to the free throw shooter. You don't want a guy on the line don't foul him.

Also, if you think it would work everytime that is also ridiculous, it won't work everytime. Just my thoughts.

The shooter already gets an advantage by getting one or two free looks at the basket. That's supposed to be the penalty for fouling. Letting shooters get a head start on their intentional misses is an advantage they should not get.

This is a prime example of why great players don't make great coaches. They don't understand why someone can't do it like they did. Son... just crash the lane and dunk the missed FT. WTF? MJ made it look so easy!

Latest posts