Learfield Sports

i had to listen to the game and was confused by the worst radio guys in the biz. I got home last night and watched the game and it was not even close to what was described on the radio. I don't need award winning guys in there, just want to know what is happening, where the ball is, and how much time is left. Dolph is not good at describing plays. Just very confusing.

This is the most frustrating thing

I can live with the mispronunciation of names and stuttering. But just tell me where the damn ball is, the time left in the game, and the score once in a while. Give me an idea of whats going on!

He just isn't good at describing whats going on.

I work Saturdays and miss the 11 am games and have no problem with the job Dolph and Eddie do.

I love Eddie - he still brings it!! But Gary doesn't get excited that much and is terrible at painting a word picture of what is going on during the game!!!!

For those Zabel lovers how soon we forget. Zabel we the WORST and deciphering where the ball was on the field. YOu could NEVER tell what yardline anybody was on he was always off by 10 yds.

Ha ha. I remember things like this as a kid listening to Jim, " 1st and 10 at the Iowa 30, hand off there to Harmon running left and taken down at the 35. Picked up 7 yards on the play where it will be 2nd and 6."

I do like Ed, not much of a fan of Dolph. I did hear their play call on the final play on ESPN radio. Sounded like both of them were expecting a flag.

Dolph called incomplete but paused as if waiting to say, "flag on the play," before about two seconds of silence and then Ed going crazy, "NO, FLAGS, NO PLAGS!!!"

I disagree on both radio and TV. Dolph is a little slow but don't tell me you don't get chills listening to him call The Catch.

Spielman is one of my favorites right now (remember how he "had our back" against Florida on the horrible calls?). I listened to him call the game and was fine with everything except him calling out McNutt. He's a thousand times better than Pam Ward. I also like how he gives good insight into the line and linebacker play. He doesn't just watch the ball.

I do the same thing.....Living in CO I stream the radio broadcast and turn down the volume on the TV.

I think both Dolph and Eddie do good job. I'd rather listen to these guys rather than the TV broadcasters.

Just curious... how do you stream the broadcast?

i don't know how many other broadcasters you have listened to, but Dolph and Ed do a pretty good job. i'd like less ad plugs, seems like every other play there's a plug for some corn company, but that's what pays the bills these days. i like what Ed brings, he has much more insight on the program than most realize.

i've unfortunately listened to the Nebby guys, yikes man. much worse IMO.

my grip with Dolph is when he's calling a b-ball game. can go 2-3+ minutes without a score update, makes it hard to follow.

Gary and Ed do a "pretty" good job. I wish dolph would show a little more enthusiasm and description. Sometimes seems like just going through the motions., but on the whole, the give more iowa insight and perspective.

I just wish I could have the radio sinc up with the video. Our radio is always 5 + seconds ahead and it just doesn't come close to working.

Dolph and ed are better than any of the teams they have doing our games. Olddude is spot on about how awful the gal was that did that earlier game. that was borderline unbearable. I too will always avoid her. I was disappointed with the Speilman team cause they did appear a little more pro Mich, but then they have a larger fan base I guess. He has had our back in the past and is usually very insightful. The play by play guy should just stick with the play by play and keep his emotions out of it.

Wasnt dolph nominated or he won a brodcaster award, with kieth murphy? So apparently he does a good job. This thread is dumb. I recall dolph having plenty of excitment during the orange bowl, and oh yeah, the Cap. One bowl. Dolph deffinitly has the best voice for radio.

I like Ed... he knows his football and I rely on what he has to say.

Dolph on the other hand......well I probably wouldn't miss him. I agree that there is the game 'sound' on the radio anymore. Open a window or something. I used to like radio...not so much anymore. The radio atmosphere is GONE

Our son plays D-III this year, so others using our season tix ... we rely on XM in our travels.

Hate to say, but compared to others - Dolph is awful play-by-play. Period. Little description of down, distance, formation, etc. Usually you hear crowd noise, know something has happened, Doplh names some sponsors NASCAR-style and then says "Coker for 11".... have listened to last Minn, Ind, and NW games on opponents broadcast - so we know what is going on.

Let Dolph do I-Club banquets, etc. be a PR guy- but we can do better for play-by-play. Ed would be fine with anyone.