LB Injury Rumor

joshmott123

Just heard that either Kirksey or Hitchens will be out for the NIU game. No specifics on the injury though. Sounds like Alston will get the start.

Just heard that either Kirksey or Hitchens will be out for the NIU game. No specifics on the injury though. Sounds like Alston will get the start.

Ruh roh.

This team really needs to stay healthy this year. Although there is good solid backups at the LB position, i think the leadership is extremely important from these guys.

Just got a text from a friend that always has good info. He didn't seem overly concerned. Might be a situation where it's just a precautionary holdout. I'm sure we'll get specs tomorrow.

Just got a text from a friend that always has good info. He didn't seem overly concerned. Might be a situation where it's just a precautionary holdout. I'm sure we'll get specs tomorrow.

If he always has good info, why does he mention both Hitchens and Kirksey? Or are both out for the opener?
?

Not good news, but I think LB is one position where we can absorb a short-term absence.

If true it will be interesting how they sub. Will Alston start at middle and move Morris over or will the back up play?

Thankfully we have Alston. Losing Kirksey would hurt the defense far more than Hitchens though.

If true it will be interesting how they sub. Will Alston start at middle and move Morris over or will the back up play?
I would have to think that Alston would play in the middle if were going to start. The coaches have said several times that they like the versatility of the 3 seniors that any of them could play all of the spots. As a matter of act, Morris has significant experience playing outside from 2011. And yes, losing one of our senior LBs against a multi-dimensional threat like Jordan Lynch would be a HUGE blow.

This started showing up on the pay boards last night. Nothing is solid though so nobody really knows for sure what is going on. I saw that PlannedSickDays over on Black Heart Gold Pants mentioned it in his daily article today as well.

I was told by someone close to the situation that he expects to play Saturday, but is being held out of practice this week. Sounded like an ankle sprain. I edited this to say expect instead of "will play" as I re-read my text message and that was the exact words used.

Last edited:
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Anthony pass out at Whitey's last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Anthony pass out at Whitey's last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

You better report this to the Iowa City police department. :)