Laurence Holmes Goes Off On Fran

Northside Hawk

Laurence is the afternoon host on Chicago sports talk radio station WCSR. His comment of Fran this afternoon, and this is pretty much direct and no paraphrase "Fran's a hater. He hates basketball, he hates players, and he hates fun."

Fran is far from perfect and his bench demeanor can be both embarrassing and detrimental to winning. But this sounds to me like another Chicago media personality taking a general swipe at an Iowa coach, and someone he has probably never met.

Alford probably deserved the viatrol he still gets to this day from Dan Bernstein and others. Fran? Not even close.

Laurence is the afternoon host on Chicago sports talk radio station WCSR. His comment of Fran this afternoon, and this is pretty much direct and no paraphrase "Fran's a hater. He hates basketball, he hates players, and he hates fun."

Fran is far from perfect and his bench demeanor can be both embarrassing and detrimental to winning. But this sounds to me like another Chicago media personality taking a general swipe at an Iowa coach, and someone he has probably never met.

Alford probably deserved the viatrol he still gets to this day from Dan Bernstein and others. Fran? Not even close.

He hates basketball and he hates players? Lol what?

Primarily to poison the recruiting water in Chicago and Downstate.

I mean, when has a Chicago sports talking head EVER cared about ANYTHING that happens in Iowa

BTW, who the hell is laurence Holmes?

I don't know why Fran seems to be the only BT coach to get dished on for his demeanor. Izzo looks like a little whiney baby crying to the refs one minute and ripping his players in their face the next, but gets a free pass. Coach after coach can throw tantrums, rip into their players and cry to the media but Fran always gets the spotlight. Enough already. Besides this year he is among the best behaved.

Primarily to poison the recruiting water in Chicago and Downstate.

I mean, when has a Chicago sports talking head EVER cared about ANYTHING that happens in Iowa

BTW, who the hell is laurence Holmes?
Holmes was one of the last in a great line of American heavyweight boxers that started with Joe Louis and ended with Mike Tyson...

This Laurence Holmes is actually very good at his job, but he's off base here. And while I will occasionally criticize frans temper I will defend him when a Chicago blowhole cuts him down.

As for for last question the Alford-Pierre Pierce drama got plenty of play in Chicago, and not positive. And rightfully so.

After careful thought and relaxation, I would say to this guy, “F...You, and the horse you rode in on.”

I don't know why Fran seems to be the only BT coach to get dished on for his demeanor. Izzo looks like a little whiney baby crying to the refs one minute and ripping his players in their face the next, but gets a free pass. Coach after coach can throw tantrums, rip into their players and cry to the media but Fran always gets the spotlight. Enough already. Besides this year he is among the best behaved.
Yeah didn't Chambers verbally abuse Myles Dread in a huddle last year and physically put his hands on him? What about Turgeon the Curmudgeon? Richie P up in Minnesota?

Fran, for all his temper lapses, is hardly the Lone Ranger in this conference. And he has been more than reasonable this year.

Kind of like this:
tenor.gif

Huh??

The guy’s an idiot. Has no flippin idea what he is talking about. Fran is PASSIONATE, about his players, the team, and everything basketball. And yes that PASSION spills out.

I wonder what his take is on the IL assistant coach who began cussing out Iowa players and staff immediately following their game in Carver?

I wonder what his take is on the IL assistant coach who began cussing out Iowa players and staff immediately following their game in Carver?
Deon Thomas, in an article @HawkGold linked from the Champaign newspaper, said Fran should have gone to Brad if he had an issue with an assistant coach.

Excuse me! Coach Coleman confronted Fran in the line, not other way around. He was upset with Joe and CJ and Fran first tried to defend his players, then did the right thing and got the hell out of there when he sensed trouble.

Then Ayo was quoted as saying the two teams don't like each other.

Illinois was once Iowa's most hated rival. I remember Ed Horton and Ken Norman having to be separated in the tunnel at halftime once. But they haven't been relevant enough in anything for a while to be hated. Maybe that worm is turning.

He hates basketball and he hates players? Lol what?

No kidding LOL. I would say Fran is too passionate and into the games. Fran really knows the game from being the coach on the floor as a player. Fran seems to focus on the offensive side of the ball but has taken the steps to get better defense. Fran doesnt abide bad officiating.

He's probably never even met Fran. And that's what prognosticators-political and sports ones-do these days. Play amateur psychologists about people they see on TV and declare to the country what's wrong with that person. Then we're supposed to take what they say as irrefutable truth.