Lauren Betts, come on down

A lot of potential there with a very high ceiling. Iowa could be a good fit to develop her and take her to that next level.

Would be a huge get, would also like the defensive guard from Iowa St. and maybe one or two more F/C's on their covid year that would not count against our Scolly limit. Give Clark some ammo for another run next year. Don't get cheap Iowa! Got a feeling Van Lenth is on her way to SC. Bet she want's some revenge on Clark.

Just looking at her, she is made for transition BB. Not a traditional post-up, think not a good fit for Stanford. just imagine her and Hanna on fast breaks. Just the pressing potential would be amazing. You know Clark will help her double or more her point production and show off her game. A no brainer plus Carver is gonna be lit. Averaged 9 minutes a game. Was her coach insane?

giphy.gif

I saw a headline but didn't read the article saying Iowa is about to become an NIL giant so money shouldn't be an issue.

Get this - Addison O'Grady and Lauren Betts were teammates at Grandview HS in Aurora, CO!

Can you imagine having a front line 6'4" and 6'7"?

They were, of course, very successful.

How many scholarships do we have right now? We can't have very many.
Bluder had two players transfer last year and I think it was her being truthful with her players. Right now they have at least two players on the team who probable will get the same truth. Bluder will make sure they find a good home. The nice thing about the NIL from Buick deal that vehicle thing can happen, as well as many other reasons to come to Iowa City. Rumblings on the internet have Catlin bringing the band back together from her USA under 17 team. I don't know if there's any legs to it.

Last edited:
I just hope we can continue to recruit successfully through our tried and true pipeline. Close to home counts. But, maybe I am blind and in college sports, like in the private sector, loyalty is no longer a requirement, or even a concept. To be clear, that goes both ways. Kohler Company, next door to me, complains that employees bail on them for better pay. At the same time, they force older, more experienced employees to “retire” early with a “settlement.” Parallel here? Argue with me.

I just hope we can continue to recruit successfully through our tried and true pipeline. Close to home counts. But, maybe I am blind and in college sports, like in the private sector, loyalty is no longer a requirement, or even a concept. To be clear, that goes both ways. Kohler Company, next door to me, complains that employees bail on them for better pay. At the same time, they force older, more experienced employees to “retire” early with a “settlement.” Parallel here? Argue with me.
I agree about loyalty, but if the players know their isn't going to be playing time and they want to stay on the team, do you want them? Ava is a different story. She doesn't want to take the hardship scolly because she dreams of playing someday. After what she already has lost I wouldn't take her dreams away as well. It is pretty apparent at least two players are not up to the level Iowa wants to get to. If Bluder doesn't take this opportunity now it might never come her or Iowa's way again. Betts is essential for Iowa to be successful as they want to be. Iowa could get Covid year players that don't count against the scolly limit for the rest.

Word is Clark is in line for a 5 year Nike deal, making her probable not dependent on the need of scholarship money, which she probable already is. Can she being an academic All-American be a walk-on with an academic scolly? That seems to be a good way to clear a scolly.

Word is Clark is in line for a 5 year Nike deal, making her probable not dependent on the need of scholarship money, which she probable already is. Can she being an academic All-American be a walk-on with an academic scolly? That seems to be a good way to clear a scolly.

Sound thinking and within the rules, I believe

Why not take advantage while the iron is Hot

We certainly need a stronger inside presence and we are in the spotlight

And almost Final Four bound for another year or two

Another way to get one would be to move Ava Jones to a schoolie with a medical status. I believe this is a thing but don't know the details.

There would be an emotional aspect to this with all of Ava's travails but if it's clear she won't play at all this year I'd guess something could be done.

I'd hate to see anyone shown the door that didn't want to go. And, who wouldn't want to be part of next year's team?

Latest posts