Laughable

I'm sure Biels has never done it to anyone (melvin gordon). And we all know Dantonio doesn't follow these rules, though he complained about it when it happened to him. Good stuff.

I think the best part of the article is the "Gentleman's Agreement" about Se'Von Pittman that explicitly says "MARK DANTONIO WOULD NEVER CALL OR TALK TO OTHER TEAM'S COMMITMENTS"

The rules are what they are. There may be gentlemens agreements but pffff. Nobody can win the PR war with that. Fans will take their own teams side all the time just about no matter what. There was a kid that chose auburn over clemson because there wasn't a chic fil a close to or on campus. I mean seriously there is that side of it too. Your dealing with kids and the decisions that they make. Every kid is going to have what it takes to push their buttons and us trying to blame coaches when they have the same "rules" to play by is a waste of time.

Personally, I'm happy all this is happening.
The B1G's attitude on the recruiting trail has been pathetic for many years, hence the sucking.
So if this amps things up and makes everyone in the conference step their game up, I say GREAT, 'bout damn time.

Although I think it's funny Biels and Dantonio are ******* and moaning about actions they routinely do, I do agree that I do not want to see the B1G become a cesspool of cheating and backstabbing like the SEC is. In that kind of environment, the shrewd and the rich are always the winner. Personally I don't think Kirk and Co have the bloodlust required to recruit in that kind of atmosphere. If B1G recruiting becomes like SEC recruiting look for us to drop to the bottom of the pack.

I find it comical that Biels, Barry, and Dantonio are even complaining about illegal recruiting practices.
Did they really think that Urban was not going to reach out to recruits who had already verballed elsewhere? I'm sure they are more concerned at how easy it was for Urban to get the kids to switch their decision to OSU.

Kirk Ferentz said almost the exact thing Urb said.
You call and gauge interest, if none, you move on, if so, you "leave the line in the water".

Bielema, Dantoni and the rest of the B10 know they are going to get bent over by OSU over the next 5-7 years. They are just scared right now, they'll learn to just accept it.

That's some funny sh!t considering Wisconsin doesn't even start recruiting until they see who verbals to the Hawks...and F Dantonio too...the conference's preeminent recruiting douches don't like it the king does it to them? Laughable indeed...

Latest posts