Latest RPI

I think the ideal number we would like to get to is 75ish.
Cincinnatti is a lock in my mind with a 74 RPI.

Others on the bubble in that area:
VCU 68
Arizona 70
Illinios 73
Drexel 75
Cleveland State 80
Colorado 84
Tennessee 100

Just remember as you watch the RPI, I do not think any team has ever made it as an at large with an RPI rating of over 75.

I think the highest RPI team to reach the tournament as an at large was New Mexico in 1999. But they had won their conference and the conference did not have an autobid yet.

But interesting article H8. It shows how Iowa is better off scheduling DII opponents then scheduling and beating opponents like Chicago State.

Last edited:
after our last two wins we no longer have the worst rpi in the league. we are now tenth.
1. Michigan st - 3
2. Ohio st - 7
3. Michigan- 10
4. Indiana - 19
5. Wisconsin- 27
6. northwestern- 47
7. purdue - 49
8. Illinois - 73
9. Minnesota - 79
10. Iowa - 126
11. Nebraska - 134
12. Penn st - 140

75 isn't ideal but i think that might be as high as we can get.

VCU made it last year with a 67 and they went to the Final Four

i do not know how Iowa can get to 75 with what they have for a remaining schedule. If beating Wisconsin only moves Iowa 10-15 spots then beating Illinois, Nebraska, or Northwestern will not move Iowa either.

i do not know how Iowa can get to 75 with what they have for a remaining schedule. If beating Wisconsin only moves Iowa 10-15 spots then beating Illinois, Nebraska, or Northwestern will not move Iowa either.

I think your right, even if we win all 3 of those games we probably still be in the 100-110 range. And then first round of the btt will be against 10th or 11th seed(if we win out), which won't help us either. One win against Mich/OSU isn't even going to get us into the 80's let alone the 70's, probably need to beat them both and make the championship game to get that high.

I think your right, even if we win all 3 of those games we probably still be in the 100-110 range. And then first round of the btt will be against 10th or 11th seed(if we win out), which won't help us either. One win against Mich/OSU isn't even going to get us into the 80's let alone the 70's, probably need to beat them both and make the championship game to get that high.

I mentioned in another thread we are now rooting for Wisconsin and I think some thought I was joking but a big help to Iowa's RPI would be if Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin all won out.

I mentioned in another thread we are now rooting for Wisconsin and I think some thought I was joking but a big help to Iowa's RPI would be if Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin all won out.

Wisky and Michigan are no-doubters that we want them to win out. Im torn on teams like Minnesota. Do we want them to lose as many games as possible so there is a gap between them and the Hawks in the B1G standings? Or do we want them to win out because we have beaten them and it would help our RPI?

Wisky and Michigan are no-doubters that we want them to win out. Im torn on teams like Minnesota. Do we want them to lose as many games as possible so there is a gap between them and the Hawks in the B1G standings? Or do we want them to win out because we have beaten them and it would help our RPI?

You want them to win out, if Iowa cannot get their RPI into the 80's then forget about NCAA and there is no way Iowa can do it alone without making a deep run in the BTT. You want them right behind Iowa in the B1G standings.

Also believe it or not UNI & Iowa State can help by winning.

Latest posts