Latest Coe tweets

tweeterhawk

Rodney ALLREAL Coe @COEsoCOLD27
To all Iowa fans, reporters and whoever else whocares, forget wat I said yesterday plz, I just have a lot stuff to think about and consider

Rodney ALLREAL Coe @COEsoCOLD27
Don't jump to conclusions #justyet

Hope he gets it figured out and decides to be a Hawkeye. Don't kid yourself, he could be a solid player whatever position he plays.

Someone must have put it into his head that the NFL isn't going to beckon on him for the RB position. Yeah, give me examples like Dayne, Jacobs...they are few and far between. A lot more potential to get there at the DL than anywhere else.

And he just tweeted "I love Iowa".

It's like I said in the other thread: all signs point to a good kid who got some tough but candid info yesterday and reacted out of frustration.

I don't hold it against him. Would still love to see him in black & gold, at whatever position he can be most successful at.

Someone must have put it into his head that the NFL isn't going to beckon on him for the RB position. Yeah, give me examples like Dayne, Jacobs...they are few and far between. A lot more potential to get there at the DL than anywhere else.

Does Coe have the potential to be a Christian Okoye type of back -- a big, semi-fast pounder who is hard to bring down? I seriously don't know. Okoye was 6-1, 260 pounds when he was drafted by the Chiefs in 1987. Went on to have a pretty good NFL career, retiring as the Chiefs' all-time rushing leader: 4,897 yards on 1,246 carries, with 14 games with at least 100 yards rushing in his six seasons. Okoye was the team MVP in 1989, and was enshrined in the Chiefs Hall of Fame in 2000.

url

Does Coe have the potential to be a Christian Okoye type of back -- a big, semi-fast pounder who is hard to bring down? I seriously don't know. Okoye was 6-1, 260 pounds when he was drafted by the Chiefs in 1987. Went on to have a pretty good NFL career, retiring as the Chiefs' all-time rushing leader: 4,897 yards on 1,246 carries, with 14 games with at least 100 yards rushing in his six seasons. Okoye was the team MVP in 1989, and was enshrined in the Chiefs Hall of Fame in 2000.

Much different NFL (and college for that matter) these days. Not saying it isn't possible.

url

What Dexter said, but as a Chiefs fan, I know all about Okoye. They don't come along very often. They are hard to keep healthy. They take a ton of hits that smaller backs can avoid.

Maybe he would be a great RB. Like you said, I don't know either. But his odds are surely against him.

Sounds to me like he's an 18 or 19 year old kid who just needs to grow up a little bit. Just as all of us did at that age.

What? teenagers are suposed to make mistakes. I didnt realize he needed to be an adult before he went to college.

The problem is, you type something on Twitter out of anger or frustration and it's stuck forever. His dream of being an RB for a big time college likely died yesterday. Perhaps he was just frustrated. And the Iowa fans giving him crap on Twitter probably didn't help. Good to hear you were so perfect at that age and never said anything that you regretted later.

Latest posts