Latest Bowl Projections...

1977Hawkeye

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but have you guys seen these latest bowl projections?

NCAA College Football BCS Bowl Projections Week 9 - ESPN

Looks like these guys expect us to stumble quite a bit down the stretch.. One has us in the Outback bowl, which is reasonable enough I guess.

But the other prediction is in the INSIGHT bowl of all places, with PSU ahead of us. Um, yeah.

I guess our blowout win over MSU didn't impress too many people.. Oh well, I guess iin the end it only matters what the bowl reps are seeing.

Or is this still last week's?

I think it's Outback at worst.

I would say Gator at worst. If Wisconsin goes to the Rose and that is the only BCS team then you have OSU, Iowa and MSU fighting for the Cap One and Outback, then the Gator picks after the Outback and would take whichever one doesn't get picked of these 3 teams.

I would say Gator at worst. If Wisconsin goes to the Rose and that is the only BCS team then you have OSU, Iowa and MSU fighting for the Cap One and Outback, then the Gator picks after the Outback and would take whichever one doesn't get picked of these 3 teams.

Exactly

Well and here is the crappy thing, and feel free to ban me from the boards for this but i went to a halloween party saturday night and for some dumb reason i thought i would play Quija game and i asked what bowl game iowa would go to and said the gator bowl!!!! that means we loose one more (osu) and end up at gator or, we win out, and b10 only get's 1 bcs bowl and that would leave BCS/Cap/Outback to Wisky/MSU/OSU--and then gator to iowa :(

Well and here is the crappy thing, and feel free to ban me from the boards for this but i went to a halloween party saturday night and for some dumb reason i thought i would play Quija game and i asked what bowl game iowa would go to and said the gator bowl!!!! that means we loose one more (osu) and end up at gator or, we win out, and b10 only get's 1 bcs bowl and that would leave BCS/Cap/Outback to Wisky/MSU/OSU--and then gator to iowa :(

If we win out we would go to no less than outback because we would have 1 loss and OSU 2. So Quija must have us losing another game.

If Iowa goes 10-2 (7-1) and ends up in the Gator bowl I will not be that disappointed. I'd be surprised if that happens though.

If Iowa goes 10-2 (7-1) and ends up in the Gator bowl I will not be that disappointed. I'd be surprised if that happens though.

Won't happen. They would beat OSU and be ahead of them in the conference and would 99.9% be picked ahead of OSU. Also, I think if the B10 has 3 teams at 7-1 in conference and 2 that are 11-1, the BCS would most likely have 2 of them.

Andrea Adelson is ******* insane. I'm pretty sure previously, she had us going to the Rose. Then after losing to Wisconsin, she had us in the Outback (along with Schlabach). Then after we clean up on MSU, has us apparently losing to tOSU. Newsflash. Beating Minnesota 52-10 doesn't make Ohio State a badass team. Crushing MSU 30-0 before halftime would make a team a badass team.

Also, how does PSU end up going to a bowl ahead of us?

IF Iowa, Wisconsin and MSU all win out, then it'll be MSU in the Rose (after last Saturday's performance, this would be embarrassing), Wisconsin in the Sugar, Iowa in the Capital One, and Ohio State in the Outback.

right guys but that's the thing Hawki101 summed it up--Quija must have us loosing one more game, i could have asked but i was too p*ssed about the gator response and then i was p*ssed at myself for even asking, i guess it comes down to be careful what you ask huh!

I do agree, if iowa wins out it's absolutely no worst than Capital One bowl-- i'm not 100% sold at all that MSU wins out, looking at MSU and Wisconsin, best bet is MSU dropping one more game--- if that happens and we win out--- then it's off to BCS at large-- that's assuming b10 will get the at large spot--- if 2 non bcs schools finish in the top 4(which is looking to be a real possibility), then BOTH of those schools have to go to the BCS at large!

right guys but that's the thing Hawki101 summed it up--Quija must have us loosing one more game, i could have asked but i was too p*ssed about the gator response and then i was p*ssed at myself for even asking, i guess it comes down to be careful what you ask huh!

I do agree, if iowa wins out it's absolutely no worst than Capital One bowl-- i'm not 100% sold at all that MSU wins out, looking at MSU and Wisconsin, best bet is MSU dropping one more game--- if that happens and we win out--- then it's off to BCS at large-- that's assuming b10 will get the at large spot--- if 2 non bcs schools finish in the top 4(which is looking to be a real possibility), then BOTH of those schools have to go to the BCS at large!

Not necessarily. It's wholly possible that if Oregon wins out, they'll end up in the NCG, and that'll screw the second place Pac-10 team out, as one of the non-AQ schools will play MSU/Iowa/Wisconsin/tOSU. That'll leave the Utah/TCU winner for an at-large bid.

Latest posts