Latest Bowl Chatter

Let's see:

1. Beautiful climate.
2. Great stadium.
3. Easy flight.
4. Rival we hate.
5. Chance at redemption if we get some LBs back (I know we can play better).
6. I think we wear black jerseys.
7. Maybe a game plan by Norm? Maybe?

What is there not to like?

I can think of only 5 things not to like.

1. It is not the BCS Championship Game
2. It is not the Rose Bowl
3. It is not the Sugar Bowl
4. It is not the Cap. One Bowl
5. It is not the Outback Bowl.

What are the dates and times for the other possibilities? Gator and Outback to be more specific? What games if any are they up against?

Nevermind, I see it in the initial article

Last edited:
Yay...the Insight.crap Bowl!

This is probably better than the team deserves after choking the season away.....playing in the middle of the night in a bowl nobody cares about.

Now...let's see how motivated they are. Will they play like they did against PSU and the first half of Michigan State...or will it be Minnesota and Northwestern redux?

I'm betting on the latter.

The only way I see Iowa getting up for this game is if they play Nebraska...which ain't gonna happen.

9:00pm Central kick on a WEEK nite, ick. Wed AM would not be very productive in the iowa workforce, that's for sure. THe only way I'm excited about this game is if it's against the huskers. Maybe the boys would be able to get up one more time for that matchup. Last thing we need is a repeat of minny game. ugh

I will be taking wednesday off if we go to AZ.

Why is everyone assuming PSU to the Outback? I mean we have same record. We beat them head to head. Let's take a closer look at their wins.

Youngstown St (3-7) with a RPI of 207
Kent St (5-7) RPI-86
Temple (8-4) RPI-39
Minnesota (3-9) RPI-93
Michigan (7-5) RPI-49
NW (7-5) RPI-58
Indiana (5-7) RPI-87

38-44 overall records. They got handled by every big opp. they played minus Mich St.

Now, while I realize we don't have many quality wins either, we were atleast competitive in every game and do hold a win over a top 10 team.

I mean do they travel THAT much better than us? Is Joe Pa THAT big of a playing card?

I was with an Outback bowl rep prior to the NW game and he said they would love to have us this year, but they said they "knew" they wouldn't. (Thought at the time we would win against Nw and Minn obviously.)

Is it that far a stretch???

The Outback is in play, not because they want Iowa over Penn State but because of what may happen on the SEC side. If Auburn wins today, there is a 90%+ chance the Outback Bowl will be Penn State vs. South Carolina as projected. However, if South Carolina beats Auburn (very possible since South Carolina was ahead in the 4th Q at Auburn before Garcia had his meltdown), the SEC bowl pecking order may send Iowa to the Outback. The SEC bowl order would go as follows:

Sugar: South Carolina vs. Ohio State
Orange: Auburn vs. Virginia Tech / Florida State
Capital One: Arkansas vs. Michigan State (Two Top 8 teams)
Cotton: LSU vs. Texas A&M
Outback: Alabama vs. ???

In this scenario, the Outback would not want to have a rematch of Alabama vs. Penn State as it was an ugly game the first time and they would have played 3 times in 12 months. The choice would be Iowa to set up a Ferentz vs. Saban storyline and a great matchup.

LOL - yeah, let's cheer for an upset in the $EC so we can move up to the outback to get destroyed by Bama, yippee!

Yay...the Insight.crap Bowl!

This is probably better than the team deserves after choking the season away.....playing in the middle of the night in a bowl nobody cares about.

Now...let's see how motivated they are. Will they play like they did against PSU and the first half of Michigan State...or will it be Minnesota and Northwestern redux?

I'm betting on the latter.

The only way I see Iowa is starting this game at an earlier time...which ain't gonna happen.

fixed it for my viewpoint!

Latest posts