Last Black Friday for Iowa and Nebraska?

There is zero chance this Black Friday thing continues for Iowa.
The series isn't going to be competitive.
Nebraska and the B1G would be smart to move MSU into that spot and I suspect that will happen when Maryland/Rutgers are brought in and schedules are tweeked.

It should be reserved for a true rivalry...only one game has been played thus far, Iowa needs to hold up their end and be competitive friday or it is probably in jeopardy of being relegated to Saturday.

Fwiw, people also work on Saturdays as well

It should be reserved for a true rivalry...only one game has been played thus far, Iowa needs to hold up their end and be competitive friday or it is probably in jeopardy of being relegated to Saturday.

Sure they do but for a lot of people that work M-F, Friday after Thanksgiving is just that...Friday after Thanksgiving; business as usual. While some business always have that day as a holiday, most people have to take a vacation day to get it off. God help you if you're a poor bastard working in retail!

Agree. The Bigten will replace this game (series) with one that is competitive. Perhaps MSU/PSU, I dunno. I just think that this one will be lopsided. Nebraska should win the first three by blowouts. Perhaps Iowa will have a chance in two years but I'm guessing that the talent discrepancy will be too great even then.

I like the Friday game. It adds a little more to the aura of the rivalry game.

I do get the sense from yesterday's presser that KF is having second thoughts about it.

I Hope not.
If Fenerntz doesn't get his act together, you will get your wish. What the hell are you thinking.. The reason this game was scheduled was because 2 good programs would play that had some national meaning. Unfortanetly ,we no longer are holding our end of the bargain. We are going to get **** pounded on National TV. We are becoming a joke. I would like us to play every balck friday because that means we have a good program that TV execs thinks will be a good game that a national audience wants to watch.
Get it together Ferentz.

EVERYBODY has a bad season Iowa is no difference. if Iam not mistaken there's 2 other games that day, so Iowa has a chance to improve its National exposure, as for being down its not going to be down for long the recruiting has improved to much to stay down speed at the WR position has improved.
Smith a FR 4.4 40 who is playing
Mabin Red Shirting 4.4 40 out of Florida
Hillyer RSSO 4.5 40 out of TX
Wilson Red Shirting this fall 4.5 40 out of Ohio
this years class not yet signed
Harris 4.4 40 out of Missouri
Willies 4.4 40 out of Illinois
Mitchell 4.45 40 out of Missouri
that's better than past players with 4.6 40 listed times that Iowa normally gets. as for the defense we have the following listed for this year
Hill 4.4 40 out of Michigan
Ruckers 4.45 40 out of Minnesota
Warfield 4.48 40 out of Ohio
Draper 4.6 40 out of Ohio Red Shirting
Fleming 4.5 40 out of Illinois Red Shirting
Buford 4.5 40 out of Michigan Red Shirting
Lyle 4.5 40 out of Michigan Red Shirting due to injury in the fall practices looked to be the backup to Miller
Morgan 4.5 40 out of TX Red Shirting
again a improvement over the 4.7-8 40 listed times.. these kids have the size and sppeed to compete with anybody, now we just have to let them get playing time, before writing them off

If Fenerntz doesn't get his act together, you will get your wish. What the hell are you thinking.. The reason this game was scheduled was because 2 good programs would play that had some national meaning. Unfortanetly ,we no longer are holding our end of the bargain. We are going to get **** pounded on National TV. We are becoming a joke. I would like us to play every balck friday because that means we have a good program that TV execs thinks will be a good game that a national audience wants to watch.
Get it together Ferentz.

There was no wish on my part, only a desire for a continued Neb - Ia Black Friday game.

Last edited:
All this embarrassing talk is embarrassing. Michigan is a completely different team than Nebby, we have more close games than anyone else. If anything it will be a good game. Yea we aren't great this year but to keep throwing them under the bus every week is ridiculous. I don't think we see a blowout.

EDIT: I hope they keep it as is. This game will become a very good rivalry.

Ferentz sucks at "rivalry" games, anyway. It's unrealistic to expect that he will have any kind of success in this series.

Ferentz sucks at "rivalry" games, anyway. It's unrealistic to expect that he will have any kind of success in this series.

He also sucks at beating Michigan directional schools, ISU, Northwestern, Illinois and any team not coached by Joe paterno.

I personally don't care one way or another, but I can only imagine that having the day before, the normal "travel" day for any fans that don't live in the immediate area, being Thanksgiving Day would cause a lot of problems in a lot of families. I guess T-Day isn't nearly as big of a deal for many families as I thought it once was that thousands of people have no problem at all skipping the festivities so they can drive all day to see a football game. Whatever, doesn't change my life one bit. I will still be freezing my azz of in Kinnick tommorrow watching the Hawks get their butts kicked.

Latest posts