Last Black Friday for Iowa and Nebraska?

On paper, this should be a GREAT rivalry game:

- Two border states that really don't like each other.
- (Usually) competitive programs.
- One legacy conference school with strong fan following vs newcomer with even more rabid, bordering on obnoxious, fan base.
- Clash of coaching styles and approaches.
- Played on a special day largely uncluttered by the usual full schedule of college football. Black Friday is a huge rivalry day for many prep programs across the country.

I, too, hope it continues. But Iowa needs to do better upholding its end of the rivalry

I didn't like the idea at first (traditionalist at heart, I guess). But it has grown on me. I like the Black Friday game. I just hope that in the future we don't get locked into the 11am slot. If/when this game means more for a conference race, why not play it at 2:30 or 5/6pm time slot.

Honestly I hope so, it has been hell getting that day off. I havn't missed a home game in years and this black friday game was almost my first.

I think the Black Friday game is a bad idea. Here's why.

1. Believe it or not, there is some crossover between the people that just have to go shopping on Black Friday...and those that regularly attend home games. Just look at the pics from gameday at Kinnick....chicks of all ages.

2. Traffic is already a clusterf*** on either gameday or Black Friday. Combining them? Disaster.

3. There are plenty of fans that road trip in from out of town for games. Season ticket holding fans. While some of them may go "home" to Iowa for Thanksgiving. Most aren't. A Saturday game gives them a better shot to attend.

4. Some people still work, it's Friday.

5. We're gonna get our azz handed to us on National TV.

I hope Iowa keeps it simply because its one of the few true national TV games still left. But Iowa can't get beat up like they did last year and expect to keep getting it. BA & BB would take this game in a second. If Iowa can't compete reguarly I could seem them replacing the Hawkeyes.

I think the Black Friday game is a bad idea. Here's why.

1. Believe it or not, there is some crossover between the people that just have to go shopping on Black Friday...and those that regularly attend home games. Just look at the pics from gameday at Kinnick....chicks of all ages.

I thought most of Black Friday stuff was done by 8 AM or something.... plenty of time for kickoff.

I love it but it sounds like Kirk is not a fan. I don't know if Kirk as any say or not, but if he does I doubt it continues.

Only home game including Chicago that I'm missing. There are lots of people that work on Friday including me. If the stadium is filled with red tomorrow I'm sure this won't continue.

hope so, I always have to miss the game due to the fact that I have to travel to thanksgiving during that time.

Black Friday is a terrible day for the game. For anyone that has to travel far, you won't go on Thanksgiving night. 11:00 am takes away any chance for tailgating. And with 11:00 am, you probably won't spend the night Friday night. It is just bad timing.

I would love to see this a Septmeber game. It could be a big game for the Big 10 when everyone else is playing cup cakes.

Latest posts