Last 10 Games Record?

hawks23

Here are the following games left listed below. Sitting at 16-5. We should be feeling pretty good. I see 5-5 as the benchmark. Northwestern, Indiana, and Rutgers at home should be wins. Pick up two other wins and we are 21-10. I would have signed up for that before the season. 10-10 in the league after starting 0-3 this year should get us a decent tournament bid. That was my floor before the year started and we should get there.

Would like to see us take down Michigan or Maryland at home. Need to get a good win. I think our players need a big win for confidence. Some very winnable road games, but road games in this league are tough.

I'm back to being cautiously optimistic like I was at the beginning of the year. Just don't want to hear the fire fran and team is terrible if we lose to Michigan tonight. They are 20-1. ESPN has us at a 40.9% chance of winning. I wouldn't put it that high.

Let's hear what everyone thinks before the game tonight.

Michigan
At Indiana
Northwestern
At Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
At Ohio State
Rutgers
At Wisconsin
At Nebraska

Michigan L
At Indiana L
Northwestern W
At Rutgers W
Maryland W
Indiana W
At Ohio State L
Rutgers W
At Wisconsin L
At Nebraska L

I see 5-5. We also better protect home court because if we don’t 4-6 and 3-7 are real legit possibilities. Maryland game and at Rutgers game concerns me. Rutgers plays way better at home.. .

I was a lot more optimistic a week ago or so when I made my predictions. Updated after the Minnesota game...

Michigan - L
At Indiana - L
Northwestern - W
At Rutgers - W
Maryland - W
Indiana - W
At Ohio State - L
Rutgers - W
At Wisconsin - L
At Nebraska - W

Last edited:
I have stood by my 12-8 prediction since I made it when we were 0-3. My prediction stands if we lose tonight...12-8. I think we can win tonight but Michigan is really good and has one of the top 5 coaches in the country IMO.

Rutgers is not good. Indiana is not good. Nebraska only has 4 players. I would rather play these 3 teams on the road than play Northwestern, Penn State or Illinois on the road. And Ohio State isn't doing much either.

I know some people don't think rest/preparation time matters...as discussed in another thread. But I think it makes a huge difference. So I have added the number of days since our last game to the games below.

Michigan (5)...Toss up
@ Indiana (6)...Win
Northwestern (3)...Win NW will be 6 days removed from PSU
@ Rutgers (6)...Win
Maryland (3)...Win Maryland will be 3 days removed from at Michigan
Indiana (3)...Win
@ Ohio State (4)...Win Ohio State will be 3 days removed from @ MD
Rutgers (4)...Win
@ Wisconsin (3)...Loss
@ Nebraska (3)...Win Senior Day and 5 days removed...but from MSU

That's 8-2 with a Michigan loss. The 3rd loss likely comes from one of NW, MD, @ OSU and @ NE.

I was a lot more optimistic a week ago or so when I made my predictions. Updated after the Minnesota game...

Michigan - L sure loss
At Indiana - L we never play well there
Northwestern - W
At Rutgers - L we suck on the road
Maryland - L they are way better
Indiana - L
At Ohio State - L see "at Rutgers"
Rutgers - W
At Wisconsin - L sure loss
At Nebraska - L

All of this adds up to an NIT appearance. An NCAA appearance would shock me. The Minnesota game killed all optimism I had for the rest of the season. That loss was just pitiful.

lol, It was a Quad 1 loss on the road.

5-5 is my prediction - anything extra will be gravy and I don't care how they get to it. At this point, a win over Michigan or Maryland would be nice for seeding, but losing to them won't keep Iowa out.

5-5 is my prediction - anything extra will be gravy and I don't care how they get to it. At this point, a win over Michigan or Maryland would be nice for seeding, but losing to them won't keep Iowa out.

This is exactly where I'm at as well.

I hope everybody who assumes Rutgers will be a pushover realizes they are exactly 1 game behind the Hawks in the BTen standings...and their strength (rebounding) is Iowa's weakness. Still, a very manageable schedule for the Hawks and anything less than 5-5 would be a disappointment given Iowa's talent level. I think Maryland is beatable at Carver, and Rutgers and Ohio St. are winnable road games. I'm going with 6-4. Indiana's in free fall, but vs Iowa's D they'll probably break out of their 3-pt slump and go 15-20 from trey-land!

I hope everybody who assumes Rutgers will be a pushover realizes they are exactly 1 game behind the Hawks in the BTen standings...and their strength (rebounding) is Iowa's weakness. Still, a very manageable schedule for the Hawks and anything less than 5-5 would be a disappointment given Iowa's talent level. I think Maryland is beatable at Carver, and Rutgers and Ohio St. are winnable road games. I'm going with 6-4. Indiana's in free fall, but vs Iowa's D they'll probably break out of their 3-pt slump and go 15-20 from trey-land!

agree - Rutgers isn't gonna be a gimme on the road.

Here are the following games left listed below. Sitting at 16-5. We should be feeling pretty good. I see 5-5 as the benchmark. Northwestern, Indiana, and Rutgers at home should be wins. Pick up two other wins and we are 21-10. I would have signed up for that before the season. 10-10 in the league after starting 0-3 this year should get us a decent tournament bid. That was my floor before the year started and we should get there.

Would like to see us take down Michigan or Maryland at home. Need to get a good win. I think our players need a big win for confidence. Some very winnable road games, but road games in this league are tough.

I'm back to being cautiously optimistic like I was at the beginning of the year. Just don't want to hear the fire fran and team is terrible if we lose to Michigan tonight. They are 20-1. ESPN has us at a 40.9% chance of winning. I wouldn't put it that high.

Let's hear what everyone thinks before the game tonight.

LOSS Michigan
LOSS At Indiana
WIN Northwestern
LOSS At Rutgers
WIN Maryland
WIN Indiana
WIN At Ohio State
WIN Rutgers
LOSS At Wisconsin
LOSS At Nebraska
I have us at 5-5...

Rutgers plays hard. And I agree they rebound well. But we have the better team. We get 6 days between games before playing them at their place. They will have played @ NW 3 days before. They have won enough games that our team shouldn't overlook them. We won at NW and PSU without Cook. As for the home game...Rutgers hasn't won a conference game not played EST. I think we can play average and win both by double figures.

I can't look at the remaining 10 games and find 5 losses...assuming we stay healthy. Even if I take a pessimistic view of the 10 games I can't get beyond 4 losses.

Edit - There is no 10 game stretch all season where Iowa has been worse than 7-3. If we lose tonight it will be 4 losses in our last 10.

Michigan L
At Indiana L
Northwestern W
At Rutgers. L
Maryland W
Indiana W
At Ohio State L
Rutgers W
At Wisconsin. L
At Nebraska. L

I'm hoping we have our 10 conference wins by the Wisconsin game. That gives us 2 games to play for seeding. If we can somehow have 11 by then, there will still be the hope for a miracle finish for a 4 seed and Des Moines.

I was thinking 5-5, now I think 6-4.

This team is still gonna take some losses, and will probably have a head scratching loss at some point yet again. It is BB tho, and that stuff happens, I think they will be easily in the NCAA's going into the B1G tournament.

While the 2 Rutgers games aren't gimmes and yes, they are 4-6 in the conference, their 4 wins are against the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 14th place teams in the conference. They have a combined 9-30 conference record.

Latest posts