Larson vs McCabe

SDHAWKFAN

Sioux Falls Roosevelt will play against Sioux City Heelan feb. 6th in the Elman center. Should be a good game

Last edited:
Holy crap! You better get video of that for us SDHAWKFAN!

Did that sound threatening enough? I wasn't sure...didn't wanna overdo it, but I didn't want the threat to sound hollow or insincere...I think I nailed it...but I digress...

GET SOME VIDEO!!!

I believe the date is Feb 6th not Feb 2nd

Who wins this game? Where are both teams ranked in their respective states?
Is this a referendum on the quality of prep bb in each state?
Is Larson the 2nd best player in the two states behind Harrison Barnes?

Inquiring minds want your pre-game take....:)

Roosevelt is ranked 2nd with only 1 loss on the year...Cody larson also had 30 points last night

Roosevelt also has a 6'10 senior(Jared Bartling) who is committed to USD. We Love to pound it inside to Larson and Bartling...but we can also kick it back out to our perimeter shooters. everyone on the floor can hit the 3 ball

I'll be very interested to see how this matchup plays out. Larson is largly accepted as a quality D1 prospect, while there are some varying opinions on McCabe. I will be very interested to see how he matches up.

SDHAWKFAN please post a follow up if you attend. Also, watch out for this shane fellow and his threats. I once had a freind that had a bike stolen at the Marshaltown pool back in 1982. They don't mess around in the 50158.

I'll be very interested to see how this matchup plays out. Larson is largly accepted as a quality D1 prospect, while there are some varying opinions on McCabe. I will be very interested to see how he matches up.

SDHAWKFAN please post a follow up if you attend. Also, watch out for this shane fellow and his threats. I once had a freind that had a bike stolen at the Marshaltown pool back in 1982. They don't mess around in the 50158.

EAS' SIIIDE!

:mad:

I am attending the game and will do a follow up..they wont let video cameras in the student section so im S.O.L on putting the game on the web

GO HAWKS

With today's news on Atwood, I was reminded of Cody Larson. I told everyone he wasn't a D-1 caliber ball player and he did nothing at Florida before getting bounced. We got McCabe, Florida got Larson. Check the stat lines to see who had better production for their respective teams that they committed this past year. This Atwood thing is no biggie.

Sounds like super sound logic.

In other news, I told someone twenty years ago that Grumpier Old Men would be terrible, and therefore Spiderman 2 is going to be awful.

With today's news on Atwood, I was reminded of Cody Larson. I told everyone he wasn't a D-1 caliber ball player and he did nothing at Florida before getting bounced. We got McCabe, Florida got Larson. Check the stat lines to see who had better production for their respective teams that they committed this past year. This Atwood thing is no biggie.

I hereby nominate this post for necro-bump of the year. Not sure what it is going to take to out-do this one.

Hmmm, I like the angle. Since the odds are against most recruits from ever being a productive player I think I will start predicting every recruit will be bad so I will be right most of the time.

BTW, do you have any links to threads where you posted this?

You're reaching there, fella. Not sure what McCabe and Larson have to do with Atwood anyway...

Besides, not like I think Iowa is in bad shape heading into next year, but you can't argue that having Atwood wouldn't have helped. People always make light of it when we miss on a recruit, or someone decommits.. But it all counts. Now if Iowa can go out and find another player that is just as good or better than Atwood, then it's all good. Until then, I'm assuming that Iowa missed out on a chance to have an even better team next year.

Who wins this game? Where are both teams ranked in their respective states?
Is this a referendum on the quality of prep bb in each state?
Is Larson the 2nd best player in the two states behind Harrison Barnes?

Inquiring minds want your pre-game take....:)

I think the other kid from Ames, Greg McDermott's son who's going to UNI, should be in the conversation.

I think the other kid from Ames, Greg McDermott's son who's going to UNI, should be in the conversation.

McDermott was a nice college player against low level competition. McCabe would have been similar had he gone to Creighton. Not quite as good, but close.

You're reaching there, fella. Not sure what McCabe and Larson have to do with Atwood anyway...

Besides, not like I think Iowa is in bad shape heading into next year, but you can't argue that having Atwood wouldn't have helped. People always make light of it when we miss on a recruit, or someone decommits.. But it all counts. Now if Iowa can go out and find another player that is just as good or better than Atwood, then it's all good. Until then, I'm assuming that Iowa missed out on a chance to have an even better team next year.

My point is that Larson was deemed a "must get" by the board elders and I was leaning toward McCabe. We got a lot more production out of McCabe than Florida got out of Larson. I was always lukewarm on Atwood and I think he will be a Larson level bust, so I ain't crying that we missed on him. Just adding some perspective.

Latest posts